Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

NOT Again! LULU is out of action

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  LurchChaos 
#1 ·
:mad::mad::mad::mad:Well here goes another $90.00 bucks I dont know what it is with Lulu and nails but thats the 2nd tire in that many months. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

OH well!

#2 ·
Wonder if they make a solid rubber tire for bikes...

That SUCKS dude! What I'd do if I were you is buy one of the tire guarantee things (from the dealer) that'll cover nail damage and the like. It'll be around %25 of the tire cost - but murphy will then guarantee that you hit no more nails...

#4 ·
Not any one I know But I am thinking that my Gremlin Bell must be broken. :doh:

#5 ·
That really sucks!!!!! I think I'd have to go with Tim on this one.Is anyone around you picking up nails in there car tires??

#7 ·
Gremlin Bell Recalibration steps for the VN 750 Vulcan

Step One.
Locating Gremlin Bell:
With The motorcycle turned off and on the center stand straddle the seat and place feet on the foward pegs then firmly grasp the handel bars with a rapid shaking motion while Listening for a slight tinkle. "Note several attempts may be needed to locate the device and the manufactuer recomends a slightly counter clock wise shake to be benificial."

Step Two
Removal Of Gremlin Bell:
Once the Location of the bell has been determined removal is accomplished using a 10 1/4" pipe wrench and a 24" pry bar. With the wrench gently grasp the bell from the sides and using the pry bar positioned at the top of the bell pry upward to remove.

Step Three
Bell Dissisembly:
The Gremlin bell has 2 major components
1.Bell housing and
2.Clapper
To seperate the clapper from the housing it will require directing a torch to the outer side of the Bell housing to expand the clapper to housing fitting. Once the housing has been heated to 750 degrees the clapper can be pulled from the housing using a pair of tweezers.

Calibration notes
As there are 2 parts of the Gremlin bell both will require seperate calibration.

Step Four
Clapper Clibration:
THe Clapper is calibrated by the gentile manipulation of a brass drift and a sledge hammer. Force is directed to the tapperd end to re apply the acustic harmonics.

Step Five
Bell Housing Calibration:
The bell housing is Calibrated by rapidly heating and cooling the housing using a Kiln and a 2 pints ice cold beer. Once the bell has reached a temprature of 500 degrees it needs to be quicky plunged into the beer. After this rapid cooling place the bell housing in the kiln and re heat to 500 degrees. While waiting for the re heat drink the second pint. Once the reheat cycle has been completed quench the bell in the pint again and drink the rest.

Step Six
Reassembly:
Re assembly is the reverse of the removal with the exception of the final step.

Final Step:
Once the bell has been re assembled and is ready to reinstall you will need to locate a Road Gremlen and kick his little but by forceably inserting the bell up it's ASS.

:hitanykey

#10 ·
Can you patch a Motorcycle tire, at my dealer we have a good patch system that patches from the inside of the tire.
I tried taking one off once and it melted to one piece with the tire.
I have never had one come back and leak.
I could see no plugging, but inside patch I would think would be ok.

#11 ·
Its a personal choice not to trust a patch or plug on a MC tire. I tend to ride to uper limits of the bike. (Gotta love the twisties) My life is worth more than a 100 bucks.

:motorcycl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.