Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Blake W.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO said the cap was from a Suzuki. I was wondering if that may cause problems since I've seen on some forums here that the stock cap makes a seal and has some vent system. My cap just sits in the hole and no seal. Having issues with not being able to open full throttle and has a misfire running up through the gears. Sounds like its not getting fuel. I have adjusted the AMS and coasterd, cleaned the carbs and put iridium plugs. Idles great but just skips as you go through the gears and can't go full throttle. Could this be a cap problem?

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
Real easy to find out...take the cap off and go for a ride.

The problems with the stock cap are due to it "sealing" to well...not the opposite.

Sounds like you could have carb issues.... diid anyone check the float bowl height? (this is the point where the float cuts off fuel entering the carb)

Is the vent lines off the carbs that run to the right ear OK? many cut the end off at a 45 degree angle so it won't bottom out....and those that have done an earshave have to find an area of still air under the tank to route the tube.

Does the motor stumble when the bike is parked or only when you ride it?

KM

·
Blake W.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the tube run into thr right ear in the little square hole towards the rear...wouldn't fit into the original holder. Only does this when riding. Gonna try the no gas cap ride and see what happens.

·
Blake W.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the same with no cap. Figured mine wasn't sealing enogh to let the petcock use vacuum to pull the gas to the carbs under accleration.

·
Blake W.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok figured it was not the cap. Had to go from 2 1/2 turns on AMS to 3 1/2. Runs better now. Still backfires and sputters and no way on full throttle....just wants to completly die then until throttle is released. Would rejetting help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts