Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
This forum seams kinda dead. No one riding in this great weather we are having?
Most of my riding was to work and home. For now my son is working at the same place, we trade rides in our cars.
I work 6 days a week 8 hours a day, I am 50+ so I don't do much extra riding until I take vac time.

Sorry, I am at a different region.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Still a bit cool and wet in the Pacific Northwest for an all day outing, but I get out for short runs, especially now that I have installed grip heaters. For now, my rides are close to Portland (home) with my current favorite route being Sauvie Island; lots of migratory birds passing through, farms coming back to life and great views of the Columbia River and Mount St. Helens (on a clear day). Another month or so and the weather will be good enough for half or perhaps full day outings.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Same thing here only short rides going on because of all the rain at this time. Located just north of SF Calif. When it is clear and about 60 degrees, I will take the bike out and have a short ride for about 2 hours. Not much longer it will be nice and warm and will be able to do a lot of riding.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I haven't thought much about riding lately. Last few days we were lucky to get up into the 20's, and snow the week before.
Give it time, Kenny, things will pick up when the riding weather picks up. :smiley_th

·
Intelligent Redneck
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
holla!:)
have you been riding? what kinda bike you got?
I just picked up my '01 VN750 last week and put about 1K miles on it already... mostly just riding back and forth to work. It's 55 deg and sunny out today. About the only day I regreted taking it out was coming home around 9pm when it was 36 deg out and about ready to snow last week.

Although I was mostly saying there was not much discussion going on in the PNW forum... most boards I'm on for 4x4 trucks there is a lot more chatter in the local forums even if it is the off season.

·
Registered
668 Posts
kinda glad to be in texas cause of the weather, things here are warming up slowly...the rest of the week is going to average the low-mid 80s...finally :)

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
I've been able to ride all winter in Maryland, at least 150 miles a month. Yesterday, however, 9" inches of snow fell so I'm done for a while. Heading to Hawaii on Saturday for a week, wish I had a bike there to ride!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Although I was mostly saying there was not much discussion going on in the PNW forum....
Ahh. didn't even notice that!
most boards I'm on for 4x4 trucks there is a lot more chatter in the local forums even if it is the off season.
What ya got for a 4X4? I have an '04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. My girlfriend has an '06 Jeep Liberty, but I haven't been able to get her to take hers off road yet :doh:

·
Intelligent Redneck
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What ya got for a 4X4? I have an '04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. My girlfriend has an '06 Jeep Liberty, but I haven't been able to get her to take hers off road yet :doh:
I have an '83 Chevy K20 and an '84 Chevy K5... this is the K20 as it sits right now:

And what my plans for it look like:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been out a couple of times in the past 2 weeks. Down here in the Lewiston/Clarkston areait has been off and on decent riding weather. More off than on. In fact, I got a ride in this morning!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts