Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fall has arrived and the scenery will soon be ripe for riding and taking photos.
I am in the Morris/Passaic area and am curious if there are any other Vulcan riders in the area. I think it would be nice to set up a weekend ride and share the scenery with others in northern NJ.

I would love to hear from anyone interested.:motorcycl

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
I'm about an hour from you over in Clinton. Looks like New Providence is about equidistant. Ever ride in that direction or do you head East to the water?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Liberty Pilot......I usually take local rides in the Morris county area, mostly because I can never seem to get any of my friends together at the same time :)
This time of year I head north or west mostly for the mountain roads and scenery. I was hoping to find a group of people to set up a Sunday ride with.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
I'm in. I was out for a ride this Saturday. It was only about an hour but I was out none-the-less. Another member here, Ron and I have been trying to get a ride together for a while. It might be easier when the weather relaxes it's grip a bit. If you're headed out, hit me up. My home e-mail is [email protected] but it comes directly to my phone so I'll get it. Maybe you me and Ron can take a ride sometime.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it has been a while....but it's that time of year again and looking to ride. Just had a POOGS issue and bike was getting harder to start when hot. I cleaned out the gas vent and set the gap on the stator, so ready to give it a whirl and see if the bike will behave now. Anyone know of any good places to ride for a day trip this fall?

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I know it has been a while....but it's that time of year again and looking to ride. Just had a POOGS issue and bike was getting harder to start when hot. I cleaned out the gas vent and set the gap on the stator, so ready to give it a whirl and see if the bike will behave now. Anyone know of any good places to ride for a day trip this fall?
We have had a NJ Group get together and ride from Clinton area to Hot Dog Johnny's and back around Round Valley earlier this year. I am down by Princeton and looking for a Sunday ride most weekends. Give a PM shout or just post here a few days in advance.

Tom
Vulcan 2000

·
Registered
11 Posts
Morris plains rider

Sunday riding buddies are what I need too! I am in Morris Plains and cant really get out of my driveway without a GPS so just letting you know I wont be great at knowing where to ride but will say I am always willing to go.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey Wolfie....how did you make out with the bike? are you up and running yet?

I did some mods and overdue maintenance on my bike and am ready to ride whenever you all are......

Of coarse trying to get a group together is always a challenge, so let's hear from everyone on suggestions for dates for an upcoming possible get together.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
hey Wolfie....how did you make out with the bike? are you up and running yet?

I did some mods and overdue maintenance on my bike and am ready to ride whenever you all are......

Of coarse trying to get a group together is always a challenge, so let's hear from everyone on suggestions for dates for an upcoming possible get together.
I am up for riding but work every other weekend. My shift is midnights so if the ride starts a little later in the morning I can still get out. Week days are the same as I am off altenating Thursdays and Fridays when it is my weekend to work. I believe there should be at least six or seven riders interested in getting together just from NJ. Last time we had some additional people from PA join us. I may have the names from that ride to Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville, NJ if you want to contact them via PM's.

I am finishing my maintenance projects myself this week and will be ready by the weekend.

Looking forward to riding with the group.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Well, I WAS up and running past few months, and weather/health permitting, I rode. Went to go out this past Sunday for a spin around the lake (big lake), and while bike was warming up the front carb's float decided to do its own thing and dumped a buncha gas into my crankcase (happened once before). Gonna try a "quick cleaning" first, but I think gonna end up having to pull the carbs again. Prolly gonna be another month for me now. Cant even afford the 4 qts of oil. My doc's are grabbin all my extra sending me for tests and stuff. :(

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I'll be out and about this Sunday, Monday, and if forecast holds, Wednesday. Will be doing Passaic and Sussex Co in Jerrsey, and natch my own Orange County, NY. May even take a ride up to the Orange County Choppers shop...never been there yet. Geez, I remember Paul Sr. from bars I think about 25 yrs ago....
Also thinking about hitting Gyp's Tavern on Rt 206 by Lake Kittatinny, NJ (great pizza!)...my old stomping grounds, lol. Anyone wanna hook up and ride the sticks, PM me.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK...so I am putting this out there just in case someone wants to organize a ride or a meet...whatever...lol

I work odd weekend days and these are the weekends that are free as of right now for me:
Apr 28-29
May 19-20
May 26-28 (memorial day weekend)
June 9-10
June 16-17
July 7-8
July 14-15

After that, it is anyone's guess...lol
hit me up if anyone knows of any weekend events or rides.

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Hey guys I live right by Port Jervis. If anyone is close to there maybe meet up sometime next weekend.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...actually, yer closer to Wallenpaupack, aint ya ? (I used to shoot at the Hawley gun range)...that RT6 between you and Milford is awesome !...Im really not that far (Warwick, NY area), so mebbe can hook up one day at the Milford Diner (if its still there) and do a Hawk's Nest loop. Will let ya know. Im home 24/7 since Im disabled, so my only constraints are cash for gas and food, but Im riding daily lately.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder up that way sometimes just driving. Port Jervis is just up Rt23 for me ....we should plan a ride soon!

ohh...and Wolfie...I want to check out your new lights... hopefully I can get time to install mine soon!

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
I'm up by Newburgh, work in Tuxedo NY, originally from Northern NJ. I'm up for a ride soon. Hopefully my bike will be back on the road (oil leak free), this weekend...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Check your plug gap.. Every time I have this issue I change the plugs and it gets better.. last time(a few days ago) I was at my brothers house and didn't have any new plugs with me.. I pulled the plug checked the gap and found it was much bigger then it should be.. I mistakenly made it much smaller. Since then I haven't made it right.. My bike now starts with a touch of the button no more cranking, cranking pop then start.. Next on the list is the pickup coils..

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Just hit me up. I live like a quarter mile from lake Wallenpaupack. There is alot of nice back roads to ride here. I know a couple guys near me have a VN750, but I don't think they are on this site. I was planning on stopping at there house when I see them and there bike outside. That is a nice part of rt.6

1 - 20 of 61 Posts