Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, did you guys know there's a Cycle Gear right near us? I'm prolly a lil late to the party but news to me!!! Right in Edison!

2052 Lincoln Highway, Edison, NJ 08817

Who knew!? :smiley_th

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Hey, did you guys know there's a Cycle Gear right near us? I'm prolly a lil late to the party but news to me!!! Right in Edison!

Yes. I am in and out of that store about every two weeks or so. It is located on Route 27 and not too far off of one of my routes for driving home from work. Also it is about ten minutes from my buddy's welding shop which makes it very convenient. I have gotten to know the staff somewhat and they are pretty good there. I put my name on their regular mailing list and email list so I receive notice of any sale items and they send coupons on a regular schedule. There are some good deals to be had at times especially when you can eliminate shipping costs. You do have to compare prices before hand to be sure but with their email notices and mail circulars that is easy. The return policy is also very good and uncomplicated. It is worth the time to sign up for their sales notices and/or just stopping by on a semi-regular basis if you are in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
it's news to me too...but then again I don't get out much...lol
So LibertyPilot, what say we go for a ride one of these days and go check it out? Vulcan2000 can meet us there and we can all swap info.

I know Vulcan2000 and I keep talking about meeting up and check each others bikes out so it might be a good reason to get out and get er done...lol :beerchug:

·
2,494 Posts
it's news to me too...but then again I don't get out much...lol
So LibertyPilot, what say we go for a ride one of these days and go check it out? Vulcan2000 can meet us there and we can all swap info.

I know Vulcan2000 and I keep talking about meeting up and check each others bikes out so it might be a good reason to get out and get er done...lol :beerchug:
I am all in favor and maybe I can get my buddy with the turbo charged diesel trike to meet us or we can swing by his shop. That trike is something to see even though it is not all chromed out and such. It is a well engineered machine and all built from scratch. Let me know when a good time is.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you guys up to this Saturday, 31-Mar? If you're available Tom, I'll likely be in Princeton with the bike anyway. Julz and I could meet you somewhere then just follow you to the store. She needs a ridin' jacket anyway...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I can probably shake free for a few hours.
PM me and maybe we can arrange to meet up somewhere. I just need an address and a time...have GPS...will travel :smiley_th

·
2,494 Posts
What are you guys up to this Saturday, 31-Mar? If you're available Tom, I'll likely be in Princeton with the bike anyway. Julz and I could meet you somewhere then just follow you to the store. She needs a ridin' jacket anyway...
This is my weekend off although I may go in on Friday night for a few hours of overtime but will be home by 9:00 AM so there will be no problem on my end. I will also check to see if there are any coupons for women's jackets in my collection. There are several jackets for women on sale in the April mail flyer and I will bring that also. Give me a time and a place to meet you and we can make it all work out.

·
2,494 Posts
I can probably shake free for a few hours.
PM me and maybe we can arrange to meet up somewhere. I just need an address and a time...have GPS...will travel :smiley_th
I believe if you came down Rt. 287 to Easton Ave and then started working your way towards Rt. 27 we can meet you without you having to ride to Princeton and then backtrack to Edison or you could take Rt. 287 right to Rt. 27 and come back about one mile to Cycle Gear. It depends on whether you want to get some riding in with the group or not. Let me know what is best and I can give you more detailed directions with landmarks.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Aight, we're going to try to meet you on Saturday afternoon sometime. She's driving up from Philly Saturday morning (I just learned this) so it's hard to tell when we'll be ready to go. Tom, do you know the Apple Store and Carver's Cafe, two stores in a shopping center right across 206 from the Princeton Airport? It's considered Princeton but it's really just outside. It's right down the street (South bound) from the famous "Tiger's Tail"...

·
2,494 Posts
Aight, we're going to try to meet you on Saturday afternoon sometime. She's driving up from Philly Saturday morning (I just learned this) so it's hard to tell when we'll be ready to go. Tom, do you know the Apple Store and Carver's Cafe, two stores in a shopping center right across 206 from the Princeton Airport? It's considered Princeton but it's really just outside. It's right down the street (South bound) from the famous "Tiger's Tail"...
Yes. I know the place. Just tell me an approximate time when you figure that out and we will coordinate all the rest with no problem. I will be taking the back way to get there from my house rather than ride into Princeton and then pickup Rt. 206 to the airport area. Is that your home airport for the helicopter? I will contact kc2dgq and work out a place to meet up with him if he is still interested in riding with us and heading to Cycle Gear in Edison.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Awesome, sounds like a plan! Julz lives right above Carver's so that's perfect - big parking lot too. It's supposed to rain Saturday morning, mostly before 11 so I prolly won't leave my place till after that. With "road drying time" and how long it takes me to get there - I'm gonna say tentatively 2ish? Regardless, I'll call you and let you know what's going on. :motorcycl

·
2,494 Posts
^ Awesome, sounds like a plan! Julz lives right above Carver's so that's perfect - big parking lot too. It's supposed to rain Saturday morning, mostly before 11 so I prolly won't leave my place till after that. With "road drying time" and how long it takes me to get there - I'm gonna say tentatively 2ish? Regardless, I'll call you and let you know what's going on. :motorcycl
If no rain, I am ready to ride but check my PM to you first and let me know what is going on on Saturday.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Have fun guys...I'd meet ya there, but I dont go south of I-80...Wolfie dont like the city much, lol...farthest south I been on 206 is by Flanders and Budd Lake.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aight, well the weather sucked this past Saturday so no ridin' - booooo. This weekend coming up looks promising though...

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts

Watchutalkinbout Willis? :wow:

·
2,494 Posts
Ron,

Good to see you on line again. I may have been blind but I don't remember seeing you here in some time. The old Vulcvan is still going and I am still making minor changes here and there. I hope we can get a ride in again sometime soon. There was talk about this weekend but I haven't heard any more information as yet. Originally I thought today, Friday, was going to be the day. Several people have raised the idea but there has not been anything definitive. There was also talk about meeting up and heading over to Cycle Gear in Edison as several forum members were not aware of its existence. I am lucky enough to be able to stop in there with minor changes to my drive home from work in the morning so I get there every other week or so. Maybe we can use that location as our group ride meeting location as it is very close to Routes 287, 1, 27 and the Turnpike. Afterwards we can always find a destination from there. I am always open to any suggestions for a group ride.

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Anyone in our area planning to go on a ride tomorow? I live near Milford PA. Would like to go to the easter egg hunt biker style near Philly. If anyone is going for a ride in NJ,NY,or PA let me know. Want to get the bike out,and meet fellow riders.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOLOL!!!!! Been a while buddy, how ya been?

So I was wicked sick last week, I missed 3 days of work. I'm recovered now and even took a ride to New Hope yesterday with the Jul. We traveled to Philly for the holiday so took the next day off, yesterday. The ride was spur of the moment but man was it fun! The ride from Princeton to New Hope is a good one and there's plenty of places right next to the river to get a burger and a beer. Maybe we could do that some weekend. I'm also definitely down with going to Cycle Gear too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts