Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Northeast Alert issued !!! Another ride ?

4K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  Mercury 
#1 ·
...thought I was gonna mention another disaster or storm, didnt ya ???...lol....but...NOPERS !!!

Just checked the weather report for my area for Sat, Vet Day, Mon....wow !!!
55 on Sat
63 on Sun
65 on Mon... !!!!!!!!!!! :wow:....go figure !!!

Anybody wanna do another pre Thanksgiving ride, lemme know !!!!

#2 ·
Im gonna call Gullys in Newburgh tomorrow to see if theyre gonna have the sides off this weekend.
KC....no vac time right ?...call in sick !!!!....Merc and Dad....gonna be too damn warm to hunt...c'mon !...and damn, wish you were feelin better Tom...:(

#3 ·
I am very tempted to take you up on that ride offer, Wolfie, my Brother. Do we have anyone else ready to accept the possibilities? Right now I am going day to day with work and carrying my well stocked medical bag at all times. Constant monitoring and adjusting dosages throughout the day and night but I am getting back to some kind of normal. At least I can walk to where ever I want without extreme pain and my hands can close and grip things again. I will see how the next day or two goes. I am really itching to ride as soon as possible.

#4 ·
Do not know if I am off on Veterans day, I am busy Sat, however sunday ride for lunch sounds good....Port Jervis - eerie hotel? http://www.theeriehotel.com/ Dad will not be avalible, and I should be working on the wood I got from Sandy, but I would do a lunch Sunday ride....

#5 ·
I can't commit, but I think I can get out on Sunday possibly.

I have some fabrication work that I need to do for a few members....not to mention cleaning up after the last week.

let me know what you decide to do.

BTW Wolfie....I gotta get up there and have a chat with you about things we previously discussed.

#6 ·
Tom....*siiiigh*...you aint allowed yet....still too much healin to do for a ride way up here. But...choice is up to you. And If ya DO come, you can stay overnight here so's yer not riding as far same day. I got an extra room with a foldout.

Ant, Merc...lemme know...the 3 of us had a nice ride last time...this one would be shorter w/o the Mikey Gallery, PJD, OCC stuff...lunch at Gully's and backroads up and back.

I tried calling Gully's, no answer...hope they didnt get hammered by the storm. But we always got the new OCC Cafe, et al as a backup if needed.

And for anyone interested...Gully's website...

http://gullysnewburgh.com/

#7 ·
Sunday @ gully's sounds fine, if you ever want to try that Port Jervis ride, it is nice to go through pine island / onion fields then into port jervis. Errie hotel usually gets a few bikers, nice place, decent food. Consider me in for sunday, unless the locusts start to fall from the sky.

#8 ·
Just informed another couple loads of wood is coming, a ride for lunch is about all I can afford (time wise) at this time.

#9 · (Edited)
Ive done that ride out County 1 then 6 to Port before. It is nice...usually followed it up w/a ride over Hawks Nest, then some backroads down Oakland Valley Rd to Cuddebackville on 209. Backroads then thru Howells, etc.
Im gonna ask my friend Jack if he's working that day too...he may go. Gonna email the Gullys website for info too, since cant get thru by phone.
Anyone else wanna go, chime in now. If we get one more confirmed, will send a mass mail to the WolfPack list.

but I think I can get out on Sunday possibly.
...just lemme know bra...you got my number. With 60+ temps, fabs can wait a day, lol.

#10 ·
More items came up for Sunday, Friends pine tree root ball needs to be moved, they need a real saw, I got a real saw, I will help them Sunday.

I will still do lunch, and first leg of ride (to gullys) after that I need to push "home" on the GPS.

Any details of this ride stamped out yet? I may have trouble with computer access on Sat, but if I have to I can always call our Wolf leader.

Kenny

#11 ·
Just waitin on KCs commitment....Oorrrrrr...we can do closer, and hit the Mountain Rest offa Wolley/Gould Road...I got a feeling Gullys got hammered bein right on the river and all.

#12 ·
You may be right about gully's Lots of places I never expected to get hit hard, were indeed hit hard.

All the times I passed mountain rest, I never stopped in, I would like to try that. "Warm Beer, Bad Food, Good Entertainment, Ugly Owner" Has a nice ring to it.

I am already being urged to stay over at my friends house Sat night and put a few away with him, it has been a while. If I stay there, I may be a little shaky Sunday early, but should be good by lunch time.

If it is just us Wolfie, I am sure we can get together with minimal to no notice....

#13 ·
Mountain rest is a great idea! I could meet you there for a bowl of chili and a beer sometime in the afternoon maybe.

Like I said....I can't commit yet, but let me know if you do anything cuz last minute is still possible for me.

I have several friends who need help with cleaning up and repairs, also mom and dad need some help resetting electronics and stuff...they are very low tech.......so they get first priority even if it is a nice day to ride.

#14 ·
Kc - I totally understand, I just got more wood last night, and I just got another load. I am starting to get blocked in here, not complaining but If I dont tackle some of this stuff soon I am going to be jammed up haha. A quick local lunch sounds like a spectacular idea.

#15 ·
Know what ?...we'll hold off for this weekend then...next weekends supposed to be 50s...I made a beer run to Warwick today, and the bike was hard starting and ate a lotta gas...I got a partially stuck float again...also, my speedo crapped out. Cable is good, so guessing its the sender drive. Gotta check that out too. I'll be around all weekend, so if either of ya wanna have a beer and a burger at the LoneWolf Bar and Grill, just stop on by. I'll be in the Wolfworks Customs Shop, lol.

#17 ·
Now I have a better chance of meeting up with the Pack since this weekend is out and I have another week of recovering from the medical issues. I hope to make the next gathering and ride one way or another. If we don't get a weekend ride in soon I will contact you and make the run up your way in the cage for lunch and we can take care of our other business dealings. I want to get that settled so you can start as soon as you are ready and not have to wait.

#18 ·
I drank too much last night, I think i may be too shakey for 2 wheels right now.... enjoy the day if you all go out.

#19 ·
I am missing a few of my beers...by chance, did you find them ? :doh:

Williamtech :smiley_th

#21 ·
I took a ride past yer house today Merc...after I got gas and smokes...looked like a morgue, lol...I figured you'd have been out there splittin wood. (prolly still in bed, lol). Remember, the best cure is Wolfie's Tomato beers. They used to have em on Sunday morning at Uncle Johns, on 284 just N of Sussex (before your time, but bet yer Dad knows it). That was a cool place, shame its gone.
And KC rode up today to just shoot the sheit for awhile. Earlier, I rode over to a vet buddy's grave and sat there for a spell.
And ya Tom...could happen next weekend. I sent ya an email. I just hope the forecast holds, because my bike ran great today. You'll love my new (used) seat too ! I gotta make a P-pad now though, lol. Might do that tomorrow.

#22 ·
Actually I only laid down for about an hour, then I went out for an hour then I blew leaves the rest of the day. I am still tired haha.

#23 ·
It was 72 degrees here yesterday, one degree short of an all time record. Nine of us went for a 140 mile ride. Great riding especially for November in the Northeast. Going out again today, 65 degrees now.

#26 ·
65 degrees, 72 degrees!! Dang you guys are making me jealous. We had another big dump of snow this week out here in southern Alberta, and somebody told me Lethbridge was the coldest place in Alberta (maybe even Canada) last Saturday. :(
A couple of degrees below zero F I believe, Brrrr

Glad it has warmed up above freezing today. :)

#25 ·
Another good ride today but it's now over. Light snow tonight , high tomorrow of 34. Time to get the snow blower out. :doh:

#29 ·
...never got over 41 today, and tonight's supposed to be around 26...this upcoming weekend was originally supposed to be 50's, but now talking only a peak at 45...."maybe"....*siiiiiigh*....I guess "it's" here....:(

#30 ·
A morgue huh? haha. Sat night to sunday was rough, then sunday I took a quick ride to sisters on other side of WM then came back and blew leaves. Today I woke up sick as heck - have not felt like this in years, feeling better now I think ill make some bacon. With the cooler temps I would still do a local lunch ride, I know I will be working on this wood for the next couple weekends, also got new tires for truck coming (these are shot) - busy busy busy.

#31 ·
Well, we're gonna have our group lunch/dinner, even if in cages, sometime after T-day...date yet to be determined...gonna make a fresh post about that. Best make time for that. But we can still do a Mountain Rest thing sometime...I aint been there since the 80s....and I love it..."Mountain Rest Bar and Grille, and Shooting Range", lol. Close for me, you and KC.

#32 ·
the mountain rest sounds fine for one of these days. Yesterday spent all day in yard. Today looks like more of the same, enjoy the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.