Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it seems some of us are putting together a ride for Aug 19th of the "loop" around the rain-forest/Olympic National park. this is a one day ride but its a FULL Day ride. starting point/stopping point is nego. Basicly the 101/112 all the way around Tacoma/Bremberton/Port Angeles and so on.
Feel Free to drop me a line should you be able to ride with us.

Photos I took on Sundays Ride 12 miles from our house.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/rickinpdx/Olympic Rides/Dcp_0001.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/rickinpdx/Olympic Rides/Dcp_0008.jpg
just a "teaser" ahahahah

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shaker666 said:
Do you have dates in mind?
Aug 19th (saturday), I will offer as much help as I can should anyone wish to spend the night here friday and saturday nights should the ride getting here be a bit too much to do in one day.
So far there are approx 9 that have committed to rideing.
It is a 10 hr loop. it can be done in less time but some people like to stop and "smell the flowers" so to speak hahahaha

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Looks like a great ride

Sure looks like a scenic and refreshing ride in the country, but
I'm here just southwest of Spokane and can't make it over to
the Westside right now, or until I'm totally retired.

That trip would take me 4 to 5 days, the scenery would be to
awesome to speed through it.

Thanks for the invite :beerchug:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Count me in. I love that ride.

Larry
206 219 0544

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Larry, I will call you the week of the 19th, to any others here is a map of the Olympic Loop, it is an ALL DAY RIDE but being a loop riders can "peel" off as needed to get back home (those on the east side) it will be a somewhat relaxed ride with stops along the was as needed and wanted, the speed-limits will be watched as these roads are heavily patrolled, (brisk pace when possible) but if you have never rode these roads here its a must do the route will be determind with time concerned (daylight to dark) I have made this trip with alot of daylight left but I was on the ninja and I wasnt wasting any time. Refreshements/Food, camping avail back here after the ride for those that want to camp/spend the night. anyone wanting to come on fri the 18th is more than welcome.
Starting at the Safeway on Lincoln St. in PA (is HWY 101)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the ride plans have Changed a bit,~Shortened the ride will be the 101-112 loop (approx 120 miles) from P.A to Neah Bay and down to Sappho back on 101 to P.A, we will depart here Safeway on Lincoln St/101 @ approx 11:00 and return Approx 2:30-3:00. But in time for you East side guys/gals to catch any ferries that you need to catch, (Applies to the B.C people as well.) This is a wonderfull day ride and should time allow or if people want to I would like to go to the top of Hurricane Ridge (here in Town) I will let the "group" decide.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gathering

Is this ride still on?

I heard from Rick once....but waiting for information about other riders. I am in north seattle and looking for a companion ride to this one.

Let me know what is going on.

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts