Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my potato phone so I can annoy people from my horsepital bed. Probably see on weird and useless posts in this one.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I hope whatever's got you laid up in the hospital isn't too serious. At least I hear the food has gotten better in recent years!

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope whatever's got you laid up in the hospital isn't too serious. At least I hear the food has gotten better in recent years!
Thanks, I had a couple posts in mind to make, can't get to it. I don't know a lot but it's got me by the jimmies. Docs are moving at glacial speed, lol.

My peeps will sell my bike stuff, they don't know how to use it. My best friend died a couple saturdays back, RIP Roger, #1 friend, my buddy with the Boulevard. wanted to give him a memorial post, good dude he was. True blue. Just kept telling him, it's not fair.

If I knew what to say about me, I'd probably post it, until then all I can do is complain.

If I worked on bikes the docs work on us, I would never get paid. In which case the problem would be starvation. lol The medical industrial complex monopoly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Get well soon brother! Let us know if you need anything... snacks, teddy bear, a bottle of small batch... We are here for you.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yay post number 7000! How to paragraph wit a potato phone. This is foreign to me.

A draft that didn't send..

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I should take a break, stuff is making me goofy.

Teddy bear s? Maybe gummy bears, by the case.

I need to confess, my hospital bed has been a recliner, couch, or bedroom. I'm checking into the horsepital as soon as forced to. Coming soon, tonight or tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a week since really getting slammed, but past month is a blur.

Mainly waiting for referrals and appointments, or seeing if I can improve on my own.

Realizing I can't go to doctors, they have to come to me at the hotel.

This is unlike anything I ever heard of.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have slept four hours since Saturday morning, don't know, lol ost track around 38 hours straight. I have to stay awake so I don't get behind in the curve. Go to sleep and pain is out of control by the time I wake up.

Started with my back a month ago, my left leg last Wednesday. I said blood clots, they said no. Back has been fine since ER visit, but the leg is Godzilla's. And they found a kidney stone the size of pencil eraser, doesn't hurt yet. Tinier ones have had me down in a pool of sweat.

·
Registered
273 Posts
This doesn't sound like the kung flu! Keep us posted, man. This place wouldn't be the same without you.

·
Grumpy Old Man
49 Posts
Sprockster…… hang in there and get well, I just joined the forum and I’m looking forward to a little back and forth with you. Get well dude :smile2:

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back at the desk for now. Phone users really miss a lot of the forum, wow. Or I'm noob too.

Think I had the kung-flu back at the end of Feb,

Better day after noon, must be these posts and get well cards. Firing up the races this evening I'm afraid. I finished last night racing Talladega and Eldora on xbox, finally laid down to sleep, woke up with pain while dreaming of 'Dega, The dream just kept going, the pain was the train of cars behind me, I was in the lead, and the gas pedal is my finger clamped on the spot. I'm screaming, calling on the Lord, yelling epithets at the competitors, taunting, sweating, crying, cussing. Seemed real, helluva lucid or reactive dream I guess. I could consciously adjust my technique and postion, look around, check the clock, and never lose sight of the track. I passed out around 7am and got up around 11am, but woke up several times in between, most sleep in all these days.

When i stand up the leg and butt go nuts, swelled foot raises hell. My record for standing/walking is 30 seconds or 30ft. Keep standing more than 20-30 seconds and it feels like boiling oil running from knee to ankle.

That's why I hate to sleep, I get engulfed and I'm way behind when I finally become aware. No doubt this is making me crazy. Had to adjust my pain scale, they don't accept 15+.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sprockster…… hang in there and get well, I just joined the forum and I’m looking forward to a little back and forth with you. Get well dude :smile2:
Thanks man, and really thanks to all.

I miss some things on my phone, but I guees your post came in while I was typing and deciding whether to send. Trying not to overshare and post a lot of drama. I do appreciate the kind words. Thought that race last night was wild as heck.

Haha, I just found this.... :smiley_th

. This forum is wiped clean periodically
:smiley_th

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where's Doc? Been feelin' Wolfie lately myself.

Woke up on the pain train. Week later and and still nothing but playing phone tag with people in offices. Unbelievable some of the things I've been told, bad liars I think.

Covid may stop me from getting a doc? Holding my records hostage? Or are people on power trips?

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have cleaned up my Inbox a bit, so it's open for PMs again. Got a notice that it was full.

Today is the day! Four hour ride to introduce myself to the surgeon. Going to pour rain all the way. Maybe I should take the bike?

Wish me luck!

Edit: PS: Found out the kidney stone is a 9mm. Lord have mercy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Spockster - Hang in there! I have conversed and learned more from you in the last months than I can say. I don't even associate with people in my own personal life like I do with you, they are clueless, most are selfish, and wouldn't give answers and advice if they had it. You are brilliant, kind, have a great sense of humor, and obviously a tough SOB! This forum, and I know all of us in it, wish you well, and hope to be updated on your progress. Friends come in all sorts and places, and I have found a helpful friend in you. I appreciate all your wisdom through experience, it's much easier to listen the easy way, than to learn the hard way. Keep posting as often as you can, and if you need anything I can help with, send a PM anytime at all. Will shoot the $hit with you soon! Mike

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Mike, it's much appreciated. I'm always happy to help if I can. That's my reward.

Hey just got the third shower in 21 days, think I'm getting the hang of this, even got a shave!

Look out Columbus, 270 here I come!

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I have cleaned up my Inbox a bit, so it's open for PMs again. Got a notice that it was full.

Today is the day! Four hour ride to introduce myself to the surgeon. Going to pour rain all the way. Maybe I should take the bike?

Wish me luck!

Edit: PS: Found out the kidney stone is a 9mm. Lord have mercy.
9MM stone!! Dang!, that’s a mighty OUCH! I had a 5mm stone about 12years ago. Too many tums will get ya.
Best of luck to ya man. Your knowledge is necessary here.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, that was time and money wasted.

I'm back to being Nowhere Man.

It's a three ring circus, govt, insurance, then docs, in that order, calling the shots on your health.

·
Registered
273 Posts
We are keeping you in our prayers. Can they break the stone apart with the ultrasonic waves? I did Special Operations in the Air Force, so I left with 60% disability because both shoulders were shot and had arthritis. I have had rotator cuff and torn labrum surgery in both shoulders and I am 32. Once you go under the knife, it seems that you're bound to go back under it sooner. Kind of like changing transmission fluid. Once you do that, all hell breaks loose! Again, let us know if you need anything. I assume you've gotten second/third/fourth opinions?

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, no I haven't addressed the stone, too crippled and in too much pain. But you're right, it's a biggun. Whip out a 9mm round, it's that big, probably where the other five broke loose from.

This was the first visit to a surgeon, in recent history anyway.

Just a complete wasted effort yesterday.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts