Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.. I've been kicking around the idea of another bike for more long distance trips to include the GF who finds the 750 seat uncomfortable. Does anyone out there know if there is a nomad 1600 site like this one that I can wander through? Not looking to make a move till next summer though, just trying to get all my info for what I'm gonna get! I've liked what I've read from the reviews so far though.. Thanks!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Don't know if ther is a dedicated site or not(but there probably is) but you can find what you need to know athttp://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/index.php also consider the 1600 classic as you can make it your own but the Nads are one of the best tourers out their according to their owners.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
VROC has a pretty good Nad following with all manner of sage advice.
www.vroc.org

·
Registered
126 Posts
Drive it before purchasing it.
I drove one and didn´t quite like it.
It was comfy, but heavy. Like driving a boat. Great seat,quiet, roomy, good brakes, just enough power, bad on twisty roads, meant for cruising not excitement.
I think an Honda gl1500 goldwing is a better choice for the price, and is much faster and nimbler after all.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Hmmm, nothing against goldwings but looking at Honda's website, the cheapest new goldwing runs 19,499. A new 1600 NAD runs 12,999. I guess if it's worth the extra 7,000 or so, go for it. The wing is a very nice ride but a bit on the pricey side for my taste.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If your looking for the bigger bikes and like the Nomad but not the handling, Check out the clasic or the Mean Streak. If you'r looking for a fearing the clasic will hold the same one. Any bags can be put on eather of the other bikes but for cornering a crusser, the Mean Streak is the way to go. There's a few good you-tubes out there to check out, it's got enoff power and handles very well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Borto,
No matter which big bike you ride, it will respond a lot slower than your vn750. SOOOO be real careful in the turns. They tend to run out of road before completeing the turn, if you catch my drift ( no pun intended).

ride it safe, John

·
Registered
126 Posts
I suspect that our fellow will listen better to his GF. Try looking for a cruiser that both of you guys like, not US. My advice is that you get what I call a romantic bike, which means a beautifull looking, good sounding (not to loud pipes), reliable bike, that has the best seats and a great backrest of course. I dont know, maybe a yamaha venture??

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input everyone. I've talked to a few friends that owned older goldwings.. aspencades and SE's and such.. they loved em but all said they were made for the highway. all have sold them for cruisers and one sold it for a 750. Not sure what I will do yet.. sat on the nomad this weekend and with the 750 being the only bike I've riden it felt like a tank.. didn't test drive it though.. the GF's dad has a harley and a honda VTX 1800. he swears by the 1800 however the passenger section didn't look as good (to me anyways) as the nomad. I don't do any LONG travels 2 up.. most maybe 3 to 5 hours with breaks depending on the route to mackinaw bridge and stuff like that. otherwise I'll be solo. I was also told by a buddy to check out the stratoliner I believe it's called.. Hopefully I can find a way to test ride these bikes! thanks again for the input!

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Have a 1990 VN750 and a 2002 Nomad 1500FI. Love the Nad, unfortunatly don't get much riding on the 750 anymore...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts