Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 02 vn 750 has a buzzing noise that happens at about 4000 rpm. i found that if i reach down and grab the bottom of the fuel tank and pull up slightly the noise stops. i dont think it is anything serious just annoying anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Mine does the same thing!!!I think I'm going to try to shim the back of the tank to see if that cures it........

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
my 02 vn 750 has a buzzing noise that happens at about 4000 rpm. i found that if i reach down and grab the bottom of the fuel tank and pull up slightly the noise stops. i dont think it is anything serious just annoying anyone have any ideas?
Check all the dampers for the fuel tank (one on each side, and then there should be a rubber damper for the bolt that goes in at the back (near the seat) of the tank). The only other thing I can think is that there's something loose up around your airbox, and by lifting the tank slightly, you're putting pressure forward and tamping down whatever's vibrating up there. Maybe check that your air filter boxes/housing(s) are fully attached to the air box. ??

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Mine does the same thing!!!I think I'm going to try to shim the back of the tank to see if that cures it........
Something that might work good, and is eay to aquire, would be to add rubber washers/seals made for a garden hose under the rear mount.
You can usually pick them up in packs of 4 or more, and could add increments of about an 1/8" at a time (thickness of washer) till the noise stops.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking Tim!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts