Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

No Start Question...

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Hizzo3 
#1 ·
Found rear carb leaking gas from the jet access cover. Need to get new o-ring for it.

Would this have prevented the bike from starting?

It just cranked and cranked and cranked.

Guess I will have to check for spark when I get fuel leak fixed.

Jon

#2 ·
Even still, the front cyl should have tried to start. I think your right. Check for spark.

#3 ·
I know this may sound dumb, but you gotta turn the petcock to "off" to get the fuel tank off the bike. Did you turn it back to "on" or "Res" once you put it back on? I'm guessing that it's something simple (a crossed wire, loose wire), so review the easy things first.

The whole Forum is pulling for you, Jon!!! :huddle: :beerchug:

#4 ·
Cindy -

Thats comforting.

I hope it has nothing to do with the pickup coils adjacent to the stator. Hate to have to pull it completely apart again.

Jon

#6 ·
well even still that would be an easy fix, you can access the pickups with the removal of the small outter cover :p

Doesnt sound like its getting spark though. if the pick ups were backwards you would know, same with a crossed wire. Try double checking the ignition module to make sure its correctly plugged in. Also check to make sure the carbs have fuel in them. sometimes they run dry and it takes a while to fill as they need a vacum from the engine first (u get this by cranking and waiting a moment or 2)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.