Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 vn750a8. The bike started for me once before and hasent sence. I have rebuilt the carbs because the diaframs where ripped now the are back on the bike. New plugs,and a strong battery but the bike still will not start. I have the fuel screws turn 2 1/5 turns out have fuel in bowls and spark. What do I try next?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I see you have new plugs, but are you getting spark?

Take off the outer filter cover on one side and try spraying a bit of starting fluid on the foam filter.
Then hit the starter button.

This simple test may help you discover whether you are missing spark or fuel. :)

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do have fuel int he fuel bowls and yes I'm getting spark. Could it really be an old fuel problem?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news was bad gas draind and filled with new gas. Started fine ran good and strong no miss.

Now next problem eather staitor or battery bad think stator though. Had to jump of the bike because I ran the battery down but when I killed it it wouldn't start back up with out a jump

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
If there is no stator output and the battery is dead, it will not run. The ignition system has to get power from somewhere. It will start and run with jumper cables connected to another battery, but will die as soon as you disconnect them.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
not nessisarily true Jerry. as long as the battery has at least 11 volts it will still run, or if the stator puts out a least 10.5 volts it will continue to run. it won't run well, but run none the less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts