Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Check the fuses?

Check the wires on the base of the switch, the yellow wire is known to come unsoldered.
Which switch is that? If you're talking about the RUN switch, then I'm confused. Because my oil light comes on when I turn the key, regardless of whether the switch is on or not. If you are talking about the run switch, why would it becoming unsoldered affect the indicator lights coming on?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Kawasaki Vulcan 750: I got caught in a mini Hurricane, drove my bike for 33 miles and parked it but now I have no lights lighting up on the dash when I turn the key on.
Do you get any lights at all on the dash? Gauge backlights? Turn signal indicators? Do your fuel gauge and tachometer work? Horn?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Which switch is that? If you're talking about the RUN switch, then I'm confused. Because my oil light comes on when I turn the key, regardless of whether the switch is on or not. If you are talking about the run switch, why would it becoming unsoldered affect the indicator lights coming on?
The same wire (brown/white) from the ignition powers the cooling temp gauge, tachometer, fuel gauge, neutral light, oil light, and horn. The yellow wire would supply only the stop switch, and wouldn't affect the dash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I apologize, my phone sent message before I was done and I couldn't find it to finish my thought.

I meant the wires on the ignition. I didn't take the yoke off but, I had the headlight disassembled so I could view as far up the ignition wires I could.

4 hour walk to bike shop to try to get pictures from them on a possible bypass but was told there isn't one.

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
The same wire (brown/white) from the ignition powers the cooling temp gauge, tachometer, fuel gauge, neutral light, oil light, and horn. The yellow wire would supply only the stop switch, and wouldn't affect the dash.
Glad you pointed that out, thanks! I'm trying to learn as much about this bike as I can before I have problem so I'll at least have some idea how to resolve said problem if (or, when) it occurs!

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
I apologize, my phone sent message before I was done and I couldn't find it to finish my thought.

I meant the wires on the ignition. I didn't take the yoke off but, I had the headlight disassembled so I could view as far up the ignition wires I could.

4 hour walk to bike shop to try to get pictures from them on a possible bypass but was told there isn't one.
When you say 4 hour walk, I completely feel your frustration. Been there and done that. Hopefully, you'll find the info you need and get your bike going again. Walking, when one has no choice, really sucks. Where are you located?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you get any lights at all on the dash? Gauge backlights? Turn signal indicators? Do your fuel gauge and tachometer work? Horn?
No, nothing lights up. All the fuses have been pulled & checked, headlight was removed and wires were all checked as far as could be seen but not removed and checked.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Might print out the wiring diagram and come to you, dude, especially if you need a lift. What part of E. Pittsburgh? I've got a hitch carrier that can hold the weight of this bike if you need to move it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts