Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 vn750 was giving me starting issues before, where it wouldn't turn the engine over. I got that resolved turned out to be just a faulty connection. Then I decided to play painter and took off my gas tank for paint. I painted it and installed my tank back on the bike. Once installed I put key in the ignition and the engine would just turn over. So I hit it with a bit of starter fluid. It fired up, but once it was running it only took like 30 seconds to die. Before dying revs went all the way up but the bike didn't sound like it reved that hard. Then I had no power and still don't. Not a single light turns on or nothing I checked my fuse box and everything seems good and I know I have battery power because my bike has a battery meter installed on it. I've hit a wall that I dont know how to get around.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts
first check battery connections.check all connections.also check connections to the ignition switch. as for it running on starting fluid only,check to make sure the vacuum line is connected to the petcock

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not home at the moment but I know for a fact my vacuum line is pluged in. Could I have possibly damaged my petcock in the process of removing and painting my tank? Is there anything else that would prohibit my tank from delivering gas to the engine? As for my ignition switch I'll just have to double check that and all connections once I make it home.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
you could have reversed the petcock lines... and put vacuum to a fuel port. also most common thing for electrical when removing the tank is the two connectors under the left neck cover to work loose.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
I am having the same trouble. I found the 10amp accessory fuse is blowing. Do you ever figure out what your problem was?
Since this is your first posting on this forum, please make your second on a proper introduction under the Newbie Check-In section. Include a little bit about your riding/wrenching experience and your location please.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Take apart your ignition switch and clean everything in the puck and make sure it is glued and tie wrapped down well. Watch out for the little springs and ball bearing. They like to get away from you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts