Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tryin to start my 700 after rebuild but not gettin power to start button or run switch. I have power to lights horn. Gonna start at ignition switch. Anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Seems like the ign switch should be working, the lights are on.

Kill switch on or the white wire off the starter solenoid under the right side cover?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I cleaned the ignition switch and coated the whole thing with d e grease. Got the bike to crank, but no fire. Had it on the center stand not holding the clutch. Ran out of juice to try much more. Tomorrow i will try to start on side stand and messin with clutch.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Since they are safety devices, I will not recommend it, but I removed my sidestand and clutch switches and jumpered the wires. If it cranks, check to see if you have a spark. If not, there is a problem with the ignition system. Sidestand and clutch switches are prone to failure from corrosion. I've never had a kill switch fail, but worth checking. Could still be the ignition switch, or it could be in the CDI somewhere, like the igniter or the pickup coils. If you had the engine apart, I would definitely check the pickup coils.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it turn but wont crank, I would check the pick up coil clearance and do the pick up coil mod. Did you re-build the carb as well? Maybe spray a little starter fluid into the airbox to see if it'll start?

Also, check the voltage on your battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts