Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding home from work today and all of a sudden my headlight , and well lets just say every light on the bike quit working. I got it home checked my battery, it reads 12.8 vdc so that perfect checked my fuses there all good. I am thinking maybe my ignition switch???? Anyone have any ideas???

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Check your battery leads as well. At the battery and at the bike. I had a loose connection one day & my bike acted very similar. It's possible to be a break in a wire as well. Check by the neck of the bike. I've heard of problems with over extended wires there.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Could also be the ignition switch, but it's easy to check continuity of the wiring to see if it's a broken wire. Either problem can cause the situation you describe.

·
Now what
400 Posts
I was riding home from work today and all of a sudden my headlight , and well lets just say every light on the bike quit working. I got it home checked my battery, it reads 12.8 vdc so that perfect checked my fuses there all good. I am thinking maybe my ignition switch???? Anyone have any ideas???
I'd track down what fuse it should be and swap it out anyway. Small chance that the fuse is shot even though it looks good. (Has happened before and little effort involved) I'd check that all battery cables are good and tight too. A lot of wiring runs through the headlight bucket and things can get chafed in there. I'd pull it and inspect all the wires. A red wire with a blue stripe is the positive for the tachometer and meter lights FYI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts