Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last nith was a bit on the chilly side when I fired the bike up to head home. About 60 degrees out. Bike started fine. Let it run for about 5 mins before I headed out. About 2 blocks away I stalled it at a stop sign. Was riding 2 up and just not enough throttle I'm guessing. No big deal. I put it in N and hit the starter............buzzz. No juice. Would turn over once and buzz, lights dimmed. Dead battery. WTF. So got my woman to push and popped the clutch and it fired up. Kept the RPM's at around 2000 and the headlight was nice and bright. Everything seemed fine. Rode it the 20 miles home no issues. Turned it off when I got home and then started it right back up. Shut it off. Went out this morning, fired right up. Shut it off. Took the seat off and put a meter on the battery. Started right up. Was only 12vdc at 1k rpm. @ 3k rpm it was charging 13vdc. Seems pretty normal. No drain on the battery when the bike is off. What the hell?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
X2 here....Clean/check all battery connections.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the battery. I just had it on the charger and when I took it off and put the meter on it it dropped 1/10th of a volt every 25 seconds or so. Easy fix. New battery.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
mine did something similar, the screw backed off a little and must have arced and welded the connector to the screw, grabbing it, it felt tight but when I actually looked at it, it wasnt making full contact, tightened it up nice and tight again and no problems since!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts