Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new/used light switch assembly. I now have no headlight, my back yellow lights do not come on or blink. My front blinkers are on but do not blink. The rear red light comes on and the break light works.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
You seem to be leaving out a bit of information here such as what the problem and/or condition was when you first started. Did you do some form of testing to cause you to believe the light switch assembly was the problem and have you tested the "new" switch to know that it is a viable working replacement? First determine that the original problem is within the switch assembly and then be sure the switch is working properly and all connections are proper. If you need a wiring diagram just ask and someone can make that available to you. I am also sure one or more members will chime in shortly with possible reasons for this problem from past experience. When you get a chance be sure to add an introductory thread with your bike information, location and such. I see this is your first posting. Welcome to the fun and I am sure your bike will be up and running soon with all lights working.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
your rear blinkers are not running lights so they will not come on unless the blinker is on also what year is your bike and what year is the replacement switch

the headlight will only come on with the engine running so have you checked it after the bike is started?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
The back doesn't have running lights, just blinkers.rear facing running lights need to be red.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I bought a new/used light switch assembly. I now have no headlight, my back yellow lights do not come on or blink. My front blinkers are on but do not blink. The rear red light comes on and the break light works.
Q:I bought a new/used light switch assembly. I now have no headlight
A: headlight only turns on after the bike is running.

Q:my back yellow lights do not come on or blink
A: back yellow stalks are blinkers only
Do the front stalks have running lights and blinkers working?

Q: The rear red light comes on and the break light works
A: if you are referring to the tail light on the fender....this is fine.

It sounds to me like your blinker relay may not be functioning.
Why did you replace the switch in the first place?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts