Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried bleeding the brakes. Nothing comes out. Using a vacuum pump. There is brake fluid in the reservoir. Tried both sides of front brakes. Same results for both. Nothing comes out. No air, no fluid. Any help is appreciated.

·
2,527 Posts
Pull the bleeder out completely and see if anything comes out. If it does then replace the bleeder.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
bleeders screw into the caliper.. just unscrew.

I am going to assume you have cracked the bleeder your working on open. (dont laugh, I have seen it happen before where they hook a vacuum bleeder to a nipple and forget to open the nipple).

if your getting nothing from both sides, either the hose from the master cylinder to the distribution block is plugged/collapsed, or the master is plugged. you can verify both easily by loosening the banjo bolt that connects the brake hose from master to the block, fluid should flow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I can't work on it until about 630PM tonight EST so I won't have results until much later today. Thanks for the replies.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
with the bleeders fully removed, you should get brake fluid to come out. it its not, then your plugged up inside the calipers, OR someone has the wrong banjo bolts (the bolt that holds the hoses on, and the one you loosened and got fluid out of).. Hell, maybe someone replaced the banjo bolts with regular bolts in an attempt to fix something? I suppose if the washers for them are wrong/missing, it could block fluid flow

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will take pictures later of the hoses and their connections. Maybe you all can see what I should take apart next to try. I was thinking there has to be oil in that area where the bleeders are if loosening the bolt below the bleeders is producing oil flow, even in spurts from squeezing the brake? Wouldnt that mean there is some oil getting thru? Or is that possibly old oil? Its much darker fluid than whats in the reservoir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts