Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok once again i am having a problem with my bike. I just got home from a 1200 mile trip (bike was trailered) bike was running good when i loaded the bike. Now to my problem, i get on the bike put the kickstand up, put key in and turn it on neutral and oil lights come on as normal, make sure that the switch is on run, and push the start button nothing happens. checked all fuses all were good. so i took both switchs apart and cleaned them and they look good. tried again still nothing. then i went to the starting solenoid, disconnected the lead that comes from the starter and tapped the lead that goes to the battery and the bike turned over no problem. Does that mean that the starter solenoid is bad or could it be something else. thanks very much for the help Jason

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I see you by-passed the starter switch and the solenoid. Put 12 volts to the small wire at the solenoid. If it works the problem is in the curcuit that goes from the starter switch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which small wire i have two wires that go into a connecter and is connected to the starter solenoid and then i believe a white and red that goes to the same terminal that the positive lead off the battery goes

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Sorry I can't tell you for sure, my bike is in a mud hole we just had 2 in. rain and I can't go look. I bet someone here can tell which wire to activate with 12 volts to check the solenoid. Just got to get them away from thier 4th july beer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok found the problem its actually my ignition switch if i wiggle the key when i try starting it, it will start. So new question does the ignition switch need to be replaced or is there a way to clean it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i took apart the ignition switch and cleaned it up i think i fixed the problem. I can wiggle the key while running and it doesnt shut down anymore. Thank you for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts