Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2005 VN750 on Memorial Day and have been having very annoying clutch adjustment issues. I have no relief in my clutch lever which means I am doing all my shifting , etc within the last 1/2 inch of being fully disengaged. The dealer says this is typical even if annoying but there is nothing he can do about it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
200 Posts
souerwiner8443 said:
I bought a 2005 VN750 on Memorial Day and have been having very annoying clutch adjustment issues. I have no relief in my clutch lever which means I am doing all my shifting , etc within the last 1/2 inch of being fully disengaged. The dealer says this is typical even if annoying but there is nothing he can do about it. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Hi SW...
Check out my answer in your thread over at Yahoo!
Just to verify tho...
Are you getting the clutch to dis-engage after you pull the lever in just 1/2" (very little lever travel)??
OR
Do you mean that you must pull the lever all the way in to within 1/2" of it's total travel before anything happens (annoyingly LONG lever travel)??
Both are fixable...and NOT 'typical'

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think he might be full of it. Unless there is something else going on, your clutch should be at least somewhat "adjustable."

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
There are two different places to adjust the clutch. One is at the clutch lever and the other is by the frame rail near the shifter. Between the two of them, you should be able to get your clutch adjusted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts