Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,ive got a 1993 vn750 with under 4000 miles,it doesent need choke to start even in cold weather,do you know if this is a good or a bad thing,thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Where are you located? If you're in South Florida, your "cold" is different than say Ohio's "cold".

That said, when it gets into the 40's here, my bike likes some choke. When it gets into the 20's, (which it doesn't too often), it is hard to start even with full choke. But that may be a matter of poor technique, since I don't have a lot of practice starting it at those temps.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome from across the pond Ifan. Come over to the Newbie forum and introduce yourself. Go to User CP and fill out profile and your location will show up on every post. Put whatever info about your bike you like in your signature and it will be on every post too.

If I don`t miss my guess, this is your first bike.
Maybe your idle circuit is already set rich. Are the plugs black? How about the exhaust?
Is this a new-to-you bike? How long have you had it?

Have you been riding it a fair bit already? How many miles/kms?
Does it run well?
Are you getting decent fuel mileage, or is it a gas hog?

If all else is well, don`t worry about not needing to use the choke. Count your blessings that it is easy to start in the cold!!

Just curious if you are using a Maintenance Free-AGM battery? What about iridium plugs?

Enjoy the ride.:smiley_th

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is my 1st bike for 30 yrs,hadit for 2 months,only covered approx 100 miles with it,runs ok.from what ive read,i think ill get an agm battery and fit iridum plugs,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts