Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys im having issues with my brakelights.. Cant get any power to my brake light switch. I have no clue were the fuse is.. The lights intermittently come on when ever they feel like it.. Yes i assume a connector is loose.. Or what not.. But which one?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess i should go more into detail no running or brake light.. Original owner put led micro tail light. I have checked for power going to the brake light switches and there is no power going to either... I checkes the switches themselves for continuity and when the brakes are depressed the circut is complete... The lights had been working but were flickering in and out i checked where the p/o cut and spliced to see if the connector. Was loose but it wasnt

·
Registered
775 Posts
Follow the wiring from under the tank and to the steering head, or maybe just pull the covers from that area

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
ALL the fuses are in the junction block under left side cover. all the connectors from the frame harness to the handlebar harness's are under left neck cover (and partially the tank)

also, there are connectors under the seat for the tail lights and brake lights

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply.. I should have read the box that says fuses.. Little update.. The original owner. Put a slim led light from dbc i guess he bottomed the bike out a few times.. Causing the leds to brake loose off the chip board.. Ordered some new 12 volt. Leds waiting for them to come in so i can re solder them to the board.id have gone to radio shack but there is none in existance in my town..

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,223 Posts
Radio Shack went bankrupt and closed a bunch of stores

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts

Yup, the Key West store is shutting it's doors. Hell, down here in the Keys you have to order everything online.

·
Refeal
11 Posts
HERE IS A LINK TO THE FULL SERVICE AND PARTS MANUAL. HAS GREAT ELECTRICAL WIRING SCHEMATICS TO HELP TROUBLESHOOT ISSUES. HELPED ME SORT OUT MY LIGHTING AND IGNITION ISSUE.Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums > Technical Forum > VN750 General Discussion > free online vn750 manual download
THIS IS A DISCUSSION ON THIS FORM THAT HAS A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yup, the Key West store is shutting it's doors. Hell, down here in the Keys you have to order everything online.
im in your area key largo area k g cycles in florida city is having thier first annual ride check them out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts