Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my 750 has a issue with brakes i do not have brake light when i use front brake but i do when back brake is used. i checked wires they are hooked up i tried another switch same thing, any ideas?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
hello, my 750 has a issue with brakes i do not have brake light when i use front brake but i do when back brake is used. i checked wires they are hooked up i tried another switch same thing, any ideas?

1. Still a bad electrical connection.
2. Replacement switch also defective.
3. Bad connection with another harness connector (under the tank?) ???

Try removing connector from from brake light switch, with key on, short the 2 contacts together. Results will isolate or eliminate #1 and #2 above.

hope this helps
WilliamTech
:smiley_th

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k, i took tank off and jumped yellow wire and blue wire brake light came on, now where do i go? i looked in manual couldnt find anything bout front brake switch except that it isnt adjustable and truthfully electrical is my worst area

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
pull the two wires off of the brake master cylinder and jump those two wires to see if your brake lights come on... o need to pull the tank.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
At this point, I suggest taking off seat and tank, and checking EVERY wire and connector ya got then...do a visible first, and clean any connectors adding a lil dilectric grease..take off the headlight lense too...connectors in there...

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have tryed a repair on the harness connector under the tank several times. i think i am just going to make my own connection for the brake light wires.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Make sure you solder all yer homemade connections too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts