Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start thinking ahead for when the weather gets nicer and see if anyone is interested in riding or meeting up with others for a casual day of riding.

I want to hear from some of the other members in the northeast that have, or are serious about getting a few folks together to just enjoy a ride together. Each year I meet new members, reunite with other members, and meet non members and would like to keep some of my riding experiences as a social event.

I am not into large "rallies" per say, but have participated in some of those large group rides in the past. I am looking to see if anyone is willing to "host" or put together a route for a local days ride with a stop for lunch or other types of stops, and invite other members to join in.

I propose that members should post your ride ideas here and make suggestions so others can chime in and offer to assist in the planning or execution of a plan.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BLAST!.........once again, one state too far to the left. :frown2:
never too far Ruger...throw us some ideas and locations for something and we can meet in the middle. I am willing to make it a multi day trip.
Totally serious!!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,698 Posts
never too far Ruger...throw us some ideas and locations for something and we can meet in the middle. I am willing to make it a multi day trip.
Totally serious!!
sorry, I forgot to put an ":wink2:" at the end of that last post.

I don't know, if you know, but I've been trying with others from your area, on doing a meetup, for the last 2 riding seasons. much to (at least) my chagrin, it has never come to be. :frown2:

but this does not mean I am not willing to give it another try. :grin2:
I still want to take a nice ride out east, into PA.. it's early, there is a lot of time for us to talk about it. who knows, we may even make some plans. :smile2:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Wanna meet in the middle as well for an east meets Buckeye thing.Gonna try to hit Infuriated MC's run this year.how about a run to Gypsy's.?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, I forgot to put an ":wink2:" at the end of that last post.

I don't know, if you know, but I've been trying with others from your area, on doing a meetup, for the last 2 riding seasons. much to (at least) my chagrin, it has never come to be. :frown2:

but this does not mean I am not willing to give it another try. :grin2:
I still want to take a nice ride out east, into PA.. it's early, there is a lot of time for us to talk about it. who knows, we may even make some plans. :smile2:
I know...but I think you were talking to the wrong people.....lol
Lots of folks talk a good game but never make it happen, which is exactly what I want to avoid this year.
Email me if you are serious, we can exchange info and see what we can do. I think College Station Pa was mentioned last time. I am sure we can convince a few guys to do a weekend trip. If not, then I am fine to go it alone, or with the wife.

i think that expecting people to take a whole week off to do a camping trip is just not realistic in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wanna meet in the middle as well for an east meets Buckeye thing.Gonna try to hit Infuriated MC's run this year.how about a run to Gypsy's.?
I went to the Infuriated MC's ride alone last year because everyone bailed on me at the last minute. I still had a good time there and met a few new people including a VN750 owner. It was good to participate in a charity that supports one of our own members. and it was good to see Nitrospaz and his family again too!

Like I said, I am not afraid to go it alone. :rockon:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
If I had a bike running would've been there with ya

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,698 Posts
I know...but I think you were talking to the wrong people.....lol
Lots of folks talk a good game but never make it happen, which is exactly what I want to avoid this year.
Email me if you are serious, we can exchange info and see what we can do. I think College Station Pa was mentioned last time. I am sure we can convince a few guys to do a weekend trip. If not, then I am fine to go it alone, or with the wife.

i think that expecting people to take a whole week off to do a camping trip is just not realistic in my opinion.
well, you maybe right. but then again, the first year was my bad, I screwed up. the next year we tried again, but I think the we all lost interest/motivation and it never came to be. :frown2:
this is why I was saying to you, "good luck". lol
but for real, I really hope you can drum up some interest and get some people together. it really is a good time and time well spent.

your goal is a good one! :rockon:

yeah, we should take this to emails, don't want to mess up this thread too much. lol

I have no idea about others on here, but as for me, my vacation time is very limited. so, I assume the same is with others. therefore, making plans for a "week long" camping trip (or any trip), just won't work for me and I don't except that to work for others either.
I'm fine with over nighters/3 day weekends.

anyways, I'll get back to you, via "back roads", on all this.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I'm usually free Sunday but might need some notice as I'm about three hours from Jersey as the crow rides.about three or four from central Pennsyltucky

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I am interested in day rides and possibly a weekend deal as I am saving as much time off from work as possible so I can take the last six months of work off when I am ready to retire within two years. That means just a year and a half to go of actual work.

I enjoyed all our rides in the past and wouldn't expect them to be anything less than what we had before so let's start shooting potential locations to one source and see what we come up with. I can not do a full week at this time as I said but a long weekend might be a possible and I have to keep Wildwood Weekend open as I hope you can also, Anthony. Are we going to keep this thread open for potential rides in the NE (NJ, PA, NY, ?)?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Yup Yup let's keep it for that.can someone sticky this please?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Gonna put my MC's run up as soon as I find out the date.we might even try two this year.

·
2,494 Posts
If we get enough people interested in riding we could have two or more groups start from different locations and meet at a central spot for lunch and then split up again. We could meet at the Water Gap, Bucks County PA, North Jersey, Southern Jersey or where ever.

·
2,494 Posts
Last year there was a whole lot of talk concerning a group ride and one was set up after requesting input from others. The final day it was Anthony, Mike DeAngelo and myself. We had a blast ourselves. We went out to one of the largest buffalo farms east of the Mississippi and covered some real nice country roads before that and after. We also ate lunch in PA along the river.

Does anyone have any ideas for a ride destination?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last year there was a whole lot of talk concerning a group ride and one was set up after requesting input from others. The final day it was Anthony, Mike DeAngelo and myself. We had a blast ourselves. We went out to one of the largest buffalo farms east of the Mississippi and covered some real nice country roads before that and after. We also ate lunch in PA along the river.

Does anyone have any ideas for a ride destination?
Yeah Tom, I propose we do that same ride again.....but this time without the pouring rain!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
2,494 Posts
Yeah Tom, I propose we do that same ride again.....but this time without the pouring rain!
I am up for that ride again or most any other one. Lets try to see how many locations we come up with and I hope to get input from others also. We have plenty of members in the NE area and they must have some favorite spots for riding. Maybe the buffalo place will have some jerky in stock if we go there this time. I had forgotten the rain but it wasn't that bad.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I remember the write up

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
As long as I know ahead of time, I'll ride. I rode thanksgiving, Christmas and New years day. I have gotten out at least a few times every month since it got cold.
I have about 10 legion riders from my post and some from other posts that are interested in going north to the motorcycle pedia museum.

Reactions: kc2dgq
1 - 20 of 48 Posts