Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about 10 miles south of me over the Jersey border in Hewitt, NJ (West Milford Twnshp). Called "Unique Cycle". Its primarily for Harleys and Indians, but as we all know, many parts are interchangable. He also has TONS of used stuff from seats to luggage racks, fenders, tanks, you name it. And reasonable ! I paid $2 each for crush gaskets for exhaust ! Saw a sweet solo seat with fringes for $50. Oh man, when I get some cash together, I know where Im going. And the owner is like my age (graying and and old time biker). Just a way cool place. Great diner right across the street too !

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention...

Forgot to mention that the owner doesnt have the usual "Harley shop attitude"...I brought my header pipe with me to match size, he looked and just said "Jap, eh ?"..."Evo gaskets will work"....got em out and showed me...I ended up jawin with him for the next 1/2 hr...
Its also a really nice ride from any direction...nice scenery and little traffic. He's been there for ages, but since I havent had a bike in in 27 yrs, had no reason to go. But man, I LOVE all his used stuff !!! (if I had $500, Id spend it all !).
When I looked at the seat, he told me "bring it on home and try it, if it works, ya can pay me then"...yaaaaa !!! THATS the kinda shops "I" remember back in the 70's.
Just an added lil thing too, Ted's Cycle up by Newburgh, NY is still in biz. Geez, I remember going there in 1976...he's opened up a bike museum up there too...2 STORIES !!!!...anything from antiques, to trikes to 60's choppers. Ted was the FIRST custom builder in Orange County...not them TV guys...he was up in the ranks with Arlen Ness, etc....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts