Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Looks light gray to me, which is fine. Light gray or light tan is what you want to see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shout out to Vulcan Verses for the hi-tension wire info.Thank you!
Dennis Kirk delivered today and it took me one hour to replace all four wires, excited for tomorrow's ride.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Thank you! I wasn't sure what to look for.

You're welcome, the link above is a guide for reading plugs. If you pull enough plugs you'll eventually see them all. Except the ones related to lead, since we don't use lead now.

A dab of anti-seize on the spark plug threads is a good idea also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You're welcome, the link above is a guide for reading plugs. If you pull enough plugs you'll eventually see them all. Except the ones related to lead, since we don't use lead now.

A dab of anti-seize on the spark plug threads is a good idea also.
Yes! Always add just a dab of anti-seize on the threads...dissimilar metals tend to fuse together when corrosion sets in.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Marketing. Their plugs are so good you never need anti-seize.

Bet they're not interested in replacing a head if the plug seizes. :)
As far as lube or sealer changing torque readings, if that's really a problem, I've never run into it. Some applications require one or the other on the bolt threads.

As far as using a torque wrench on spark plugs, I've only done this once. Just to humor the owner.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
My gut tells me that there’s a grain of truth to what they’re saying but at the same time it’s probably an extremely rare occurrence. Which to your point is good enough for marketing. Reading this thread the other day reminded me I wanted to get new plugs and found that link during my search. One of the many small projects I have lined up for the coming months.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Marketing. Their plugs are so good you never need anti-seize.

Bet they're not interested in replacing a head if the plug seizes. :)
As far as lube or sealer changing torque readings, if that's really a problem, I've never run into it. Some applications require one or the other on the bolt threads.

As far as using a torque wrench on spark plugs, I've only done this once. Just to humor the owner.
Nineteen years working at a honda dealer, ive always added a small dab of anti-seize on every sparkplug i've replaced and never had any issues...but that was six years ago ;)

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Nineteen years working at a honda dealer, ive always added a small dab of anti-seize on every sparkplug i've replaced and never had any issues...but that was six years ago ;)
Did some time with a Honda dealer myself, every once in a while there was a dry plug hole needing a helicoil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts