Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I just bought my bike last Friday and live in Southern Florida. When I'm sitting at stoplights, the bike literally pumps out heat on the left side and it's only April!

I mentioned this to one of my friends and he said that I should put a steel plate on top of the ____(?) which will divert the heat. Does anyone know what he's talking about?

I know it's ambitious, but I'd really like to figure out how to do these repairs myself, so if anyone has tips on what kind of a steel plate I could buy (and where!) and then instructions on how to put it in the right place, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Well, from my experience, the VN750 is noticeably warm when idling for a long time. I can feel it on my legs at long lights during warm days.

Where was the heat gauge at?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You are more than likely just feelly the heat from the fan drawing air through the radiator and blowing it back on your leg. As long as the temp needle is between the left side and the center of the gauge you are good. Just lower your hand down there and you'll feel the hot wind blowing.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
If your bike is not stock it may be running lean. But before looking for a problem that may not exist, what does the temperature gauge show? If it goes into the red zone, there is definitely a problem. But if it just goes halfway over, or a little farther, it is normal. I live in AZ, and mine runs hot in the summer as well, especially in city traffic. It has come close to the red zone, but has never actually reached it. The Vulcan 750s cooling system is marginal in very hot climates. It gets much warmer than my former Ninja 500 did. I also have an '85 Goldwing that will literally cook your left leg, but the temp gauge shows normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts