Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody here i am again, when i bought my Vulcan there was a problem with my choke cable, it wasn't install, so here i am trying to install but i got a doubt, Do i have to remove my gas thank in order to conect the choke clable to the carbs?...here i put some pics about it.

First one is the choke in my handlebar.

Second One is the Cable near the Carbs and
The Third one where i think it's has to be conect, but i don't figure it out how could i do it yet.

Please if some body have some pic about how i could conect this Choke cable i will thanks in advance.

Regards

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just went through this last night so hopefully I can shed some light on the topic.

It will be easier if you remove the gas tank when running the choke cable to the carb. However, you've mis-identified where the choke cable should connect. The choke cable will need to connect to the right side carb near the top.

The pic attached is a top view through the frame on to the right side carb (that mounts to the rear cylinder. This is where your choke cable will need to mount.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Make sure the cable runs *over* the connecting rod. Also, I've found it easiest to insert the nipple end of the cable into the bracket on the rear (right side) carb, THEN insert the piece that goes into the bracket on the front carb. Agree with AF that taking the gas tank off will make the process a tad bit easier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You so Much Artemis and Crobins for the help, but i think i got the wrong Cable, o maybe i put it in wrong place, the question is, the nipple end goes in the carb side or in the handle bar control?...
If you have more pics i thank you in advance.

Cheers

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Make sure the cable runs *over* the connecting rod. Also, I've found it easiest to insert the nipple end of the cable into the bracket on the rear (right side) carb, THEN insert the piece that goes into the bracket on the front carb. Agree with AF that taking the gas tank off will make the process a tad bit easier.
Thank You so Much Artemis and Crobins for the help, but i think i got the wrong Cable, o maybe i put it in wrong place, the question is, the nipple end goes in the carb side or in the handle bar control?...
If you have more pics i thank you in advance.

Cheers
I can`t offer any knowledge of my own, but it appears you may have missed part of Crobins post, where she says to "insert the nipple end of the cable into the bracket on the rear (right side) carb."

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
The first pic is where the cable housing goes into the bracket on the left carb (front).
The second pic is where the cable goes into the retainer in the righr carb (rear).
The third pic is an overhead shot . :beerchug:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lance328, my man, that's what i'm talking about, greats pics, thank you so much, just one more thing, in the handle bar control, how do i install the choke cable, i mean, in bouth sides of the cable are a nipple?

Cheers and Double Cheerssssss

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Lance328, my man, that's what i'm talking about, greats pics, thank you so much, just one more thing, in the handle bar control, how do i install the choke cable, i mean, in bouth sides of the cable are a nipple?

Cheers and Double Cheerssssss
Install cable in the choke lever on the handelbar first. Remove the switch housing and connect cable end to lever, reinstall switch housing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts