Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can someone please tell me where the small hose from the air suction valve goes to.
I am trying rebuild a 1994 VN750 A10 and I noticed that there is no small hose fitted to the valve
Cheers
Willie

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness willie. Go ahead and introduce yourself on the newbie checkin. But first go to the user cp and fill out your profile and location. Then tell us a little about yourself and the new-to-you ride.

Here is a link to a free downloadable Kawi VN750 service manual: http://www.tocmanufacturing.com/Files for Download/VN750 Manual and Parts.pdf

It is big, 2395 pages, so go get a fresh coffee while your waiting for it.

See the link below too. Especially note the MF-AGM batteries, NGK-Iridium plugs and the rear spline lube.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Thanks

Thanks very much, I am sure there will be many more questions i will ask before I get the project finnished.
Cheers
Willie

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Are you talking about the air injection system? If so, and unless you have a good reason not to, I'd just remove the whole thing. I removed the one from my brand new '02 Vulcan 750, back in '02, along with the complete evap emissions crap thing. All that stuff must have weighed about 20 pounds, and had 100 feet of hose in it. Neither of these things serve any purpose, and the bike will actually run better without them, plus you will have a much cleaner, less cluttered bike. Jerry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The bike I just bought is missing the evap system. What do I need to do about the to open stems on the rear of the tank(under the seat)?

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Like Lance said, plug the right one, then put a long line on the left one, and run it down beneath the bike, and leave it open. Also make sure the rear carb fitting is blocked off, and the hole in the airbox is plugged. Do you still have the air injection system? If so, I would recommend removing it as well. Aside from cluttering up the bike, it also causes backfiring, and causes the exhaust to run hot. Jerry.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Do they have mandatory bike inspections in CA? Will he need the emissions stuff to pass if they do?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts