Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just got a 97 Vulcan 800cc (according to title). Not my first bike (CBR and GSXR) but my first cruiser. I'll add pics soon. Got a couple questions on how to wire the rear turn signals. The bike didn't come with them so I got a pair and see where they mount, I just don't see where they wire up to. Any help would be much appreciated. Especially with pics since I am a little .... :baby:

And I did do some searching but didn't come up with anything. That, of course, does not mean it isn't there. :doh:

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I'm guessing on the 800, but if you pull the seat you should see wiring that goes toward the rear of the bike. If you have one of the pick like voltage testors, the kind with the bulb in it, hook it to ground and start the bike and test the wires. The one that's on all the time should be your tail light, the one that powers up with your brake lever is the brake light, the other two should be the left and right turn signals which you can test with the signals on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I don't have a voltage tester so I'll look into finding one. I knew it would be under the seat but couldn't find where the wires plug into. You see, there was neither the turn signals nor the wiring for it. So I have the turn signals with the wiring and I see where it bolts up to the frame of the bike. I need to figure out where to run the wiring and where the ends of the wires go. I am assuming they go to the box under the seat but I didn't see any empty holes for them to plug into. I'll go home after work and take some pics. Gotta get this done so I can pass inspection! :)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Forum for VN800

Hello all. I just got a 97 Vulcan 800cc (according to title). Not my first bike (CBR and GSXR) but my first cruiser. I'll add pics soon. Got a couple questions on how to wire the rear turn signals. The bike didn't come with them so I got a pair and see where they mount, I just don't see where they wire up to. Any help would be much appreciated. Especially with pics since I am a little .... :baby:

And I did do some searching but didn't come up with anything. That, of course, does not mean it isn't there. :doh:
Welcome to the vulcan forum 97vn. There is a lot of good info here for riders of any bike, not just the vn750. However if you are looking for vn800 specific info, you might want to consult with the guys over on the Kawasaki Forums here: http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Welcome 97vn, you've come to a great place even if you don't have the right vulcan.

Go to a Radio Shack and buy a small VOM (volt, ohm, milliamp) meter for under $10 it will be one of the most useful tools in your toolbox when dealing with electrical diagnostics. Even if you only use the volt portion of it you'll know if you have power, how many volts and in your case you'll be able to pick up the wires that will have pulsating voltage with the directional flasher so you'll know where to hook up the rear directionals. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts