Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at an 86 vulcan 750 and have stupid question. Does the odometer read in 1/10ths of a mile or only miles. 45178 looks like 4.5K miles to me but it can't be.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The odometer is in Miles only. The trip odometer under it is Miles, and tenth's of miles. 45K seem like a lot, but depending on how well someone cared for the bike, and the price, and considering that these bikes are shaft driven, and liquid cooled, should be able to get lots more mileage out of it. If you don't feel comfortable, have someone check it out for you.

I have an 85 with 27000 miles on it. Replaced the stater last summer. It runs and rides super.
Good luck
Wayne

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just a point of reference, I paid $2650 for an '86 750 with 1538 miles on it earlier this year. That was at a dealer, not private seller.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought my '93 in July of 2003. I paid $1000.00 and it had 48k miles. It now has 69k miles. I have replaced the stator this past May. That was its second replacement. I replaced the final drive and female spline coupling this summer, Thanks to Flemdog for the parts at a great rate. My engine still has the ACCT tick, but this has been tweeked and reconditioned with the stronger springs from TOC Manufacturing, so I think that the chains themselves are beyond adjustment and should be changed. It is a good durable bike. Like all things, it does require ongoing maintenance and !!Chrome Accessories!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I paid $1400.00 for mine 2 years ago. Had 16000 on it then. I just like the looks of it, and the way it rides.
Ride Safe
Wayne :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I paid $2,800 for my '97 VN750 in May 2003 with 3,455 miles. Now have 8,100.

So far:

- Replaced original front tire due to sidewall cracking (Original back tire still looks new).
- Replaced battery with Sears (Yuasa) MF.
- Replaced speedo cable due to extreme speedo wobble between 25 -45 mph.
- Several oil/filter changes
- Replaced spark plugs
- Cleaned air filters.
- Lubed drive-shaft spline at 6k with Moly 60. Still had plenty of lube when I took it apart.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I paid $3000 for my 01 with 5K 2 years ago now has over 10K, added new tires and Chrome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts