Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:smiley_th
First off, I've been cruising this sight for 2-3 months and am really impressed with the love and support you people offer fellow riders. My skullcap's off to all of you!:smiley_th

I've been privileged to use many resources, especially those diagramming the stator re/re and engine re/re. Whatta massive pain!!!
Thanks a million to all who posted stories and pics.

My mistake/question is regarding my neglect to mark the rotor/balancer gear when I had gotten into the front cyl. What are the marks on the rotor signifying? one is tdc-front cyl, and one is tdc-rear cyl. that's clear. Are the other two for lining up the balancer gear? can't find this proceedure in the kawi manual.

Concidered slapping her together and trading up ASAP, but after my first couple of rides, (and figuring out the stator was pooched), I really like the bike. and with only 25000 and getting her for a song,...well,...you know...

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Welcome Junkie! I'm not able to offer you the help you asked for, just wanted to welcome you to the group! There are plenty here who have been inside the engine that will be along to help you with your questions! Good luck!:beerchug:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Where are you ol`bikejunkie? Did you get the bike back together yet?
O yeah, welcome to the forum. We need more Canadians here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
if im on the right page here those marks are for timing the motor once the chains are in place correctly according to the marks on the crankshaft and the cases the balancer gear is installed and then the magneto or stator is lined up VERY important to line up the slash on balancer w/the side mark on stator mag hope this answers your ? and if im off someone please let ME know before i go any futher w/my rebuild AGAIN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts