Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I am new to owner of 1986 Vulcan 750 and new to this forum, this is my second post love that this Any any input would be helpful not sure what that thing is is out there for people like me who I consider myself to be intermediate mechanic not beginner and certainly not pro. Anyway I'm in the process of changing out my accts to mcct's and there is some type of chrome bar that runs all the way around underneath the carburetor and is mounted with the nut on my acct what is that thing and is it a problem to unbolt it everywhere to undo the right side petcock side acct to change it out? Any input would be appreciated thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
That’s the oil line, you don’t want/need to completely remove it to change out the acct, if I remember correctly you can just gently bend the tab a little to get the mcct in place. Just the tab because you don’t want to kink the line in anyway

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks I tried to bend the tab unsuccessfully with a needle nose pliers it's a really thick looking stainless steel looking tab.Any tips on how to bend that thing?

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Okay thanks I tried to bend the tab unsuccessfully with a needle nose pliers it's a really thick looking stainless steel looking tab.Any tips on how to bend that thing?
Maybe the lever and fulcrum..... Place a screwdriver under the line, wedge another on top of the first screwdriver, twist or pry, gently. Don't want to go too far, it can be harder to put it back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE="Spockster, post: 1299323, member: 11647"]
Maybe the lever and fulcrum..... Place a screwdriver under the line, wedge another on top of the first screwdriver, twist or pry, gently. Don't want to go too far, it can be harder to put it back.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts