Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my '05 Vulcan for almost two years and loving it! Hadn't been on a bike since '72. Hope this site provides some much needed info. :carryflag

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
Welcome. Yes, lots of info here. If you have questions, just ask.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness Dave. Check the TEN THINGS link below, for a lot of good info for all riders, but especially newbies and retreads, ( as someone called returning riders. LOL) How did you find this forum after two years of riding the Vulcan? computer search?, run into a link?, personal referal? or something else?

I just ask because a couple of months ago we all were brainstorming about the best way to print some business cards to put on any unattended vn750 we might see, inviting the rider to visit the site. I got as far as printing some test copy on paper, but no cards yet, the printer ink runs when it gets wet.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Kodak makes a number of photo printers that produce waterproof prints. Alternatively, you could use Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Kinko's, or an online photo-printing service. Just copy the file down the available sheet size so it's not quite so expensive. 4x6's ought to make at least 3 approximately-business-card-sized documents.

Of course the JPG format most of the photo printers will expect isn't ideal for text and vector-based graphics, but you're not really constrained for file size, so you can crank the quality settings as high as they'll go. Alternatively, Kinko's should be able to use more-appropriate file formats, albeit probably at a higher cost (Though they could probably even use proper cardstock).

Sorry for the tangent...Welcome, Dave.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome Dave,

Where are you in the bluegrass? I'm in Frankfort, and there's a few others on here from KY.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Retread

To make a long story short, I was a new rider the summer of '72 and took a spill. I decided that after surviving the last 12 months in Vietnam, I wasn't about to push my luck. If there had been an MSF class then it might have been a different story.

Had a health scare two years ago and decided life was too short to not get back on the horse. The wife and I took the MSF class together in Georgetown and that got us started, and we've been glad we did.

Originally from N. KY, but have lived outside Wilmore in Jessamine County, south of Lexington for 10+ years.

I found the site looking for info on after market accessories.

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
Thank you for your service to our country, Colonel.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The wife and I took the MSF class together in Georgetown and that got us started, and we've been glad we did.

Originally from N. KY, but have lived outside Wilmore in Jessamine County, south of Lexington for 10+ years.
I took the MSF course in Georgetown earlier this summer. Great people and they did an excellent job with the course.

I lived in Nicholasville for a few years myself. Scotsman on here lives in Nicholasville. We keep threatening to go on a ride, but can't seem to get the timing right to make it happen.

Give me a shout if you want to go burn some gas sometime!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts