Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased an '85 VN700 and an '83 Vulcan 750 for a total of $150. The VN700 had some internal engine damage and I need to replace the upper and lower gasket sets, right counterbalance and gear with spacer and gromets. are any of these useable off the '83 Vulcan 750? I had heard that the bottom of the two engines were the same but I wanted another opinion. Thank you and I'm glad to be a part of the forums!

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
I think you typo'd your years. Most parts are interchangeable. Go to cheapcycleparts.com and look up both years for the parts you need and see if they have the same part number.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
The only difference between the 700 and the 750 is bore size. Any engine parts will fit save the pistons and jugs. I myself had a 700 lower end mated to a 750 top end .... but the guys that threw it together were sloppy and it leaked oil all over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you guys so much! that is extremely helpful! again i mustve misread, and I apologize, I am very very new to all this as this is my first bike and first project all in one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts