Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Texas! Just wanted to say hi and that I'm happy to have found this site. I've been doing my homework and shopping and test riding and have picked the VN750 as my next bike. Might have one by this weekend if things work out. I can't wait to be a Vulcan rider!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome :rockon: I live in Dallas and bought a VN750 about two months ago, you'll love the bike. It's a great ride, easy around town and nice on the hwy. I put a 21" Memphis windscreen on it and it really helps.

Good luck and be safe.:beerchug:

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
another dallas person here..... you will love this bike.... got mine in dec 05 and already put 3k on it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey fergy,
I'm not too far from you, over in Belton. Will be passing through Burnet next Friday. Few of us from work are riding the hill country next weekend. Congrats on the Vulcan, I've had mine about a year now and just love it! Lots and lots of info here. :smiley_th

·
Registered
553 Posts
Where do you Dallas guys live? I lived there from 85-94 1 year in the village, 1 year by love field on Webbs Chapel ext, and 7 years in Irving in the Beltline & 183 area.Sure do miss it but I didn't ride there, To much traffic for my liking.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
i used to live in lakewood, now i live in north dallas, bout to move to east dallas (on the edge of white rock... the good part)....

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KLFX300, where are you riding next weekend? Give me a shout. I might meet up with you guys for a soda. I don't have my vulcan yet, but if things work out, I might get it next week... I'd be on a KZP. Lemme know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fergy,
Possibly passing through Burnet sometime Friday morning, depending when we all meet up and get going. Going to ride down and camp a couple of days on the Frio River west of San Antonio. Couple of the guys have been there before. Weather looks good right now, so it should be a blast.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It has been a while since this post. Just an update to what happened on that ride. Got down west of San Antonio late that afternoon. We were looking for a place to camp for the night. We were riding on a narrow highway with no shoulder. When all of a sudden, I looked up to see the leader stopped in the middle of the road. I was in third position and tried to head for the ditch to miss him. My crash bar caught his exhaust, that is the last thing I remember till I was laying in the ditch. My leg along with several ribs were broken, and I had a half dollar hole in my shin. Still don't know why he stopped.
Needless to say it totaled my bike. I recently tried to find a new 750, but there were none to be had in Texas. So I went ahead and bought me the 900 Classic LT. It is a nice bike and I am happy with it so far.
Anyway, I am no longer a 750 rider. I do have a lot of extra parts for the bike, so if you need something, let me know. I will still check in from time ot time.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
WOW, that doesn't sound like a good ride.
Hope ya healed well.
Ya got the 900, huh? How do ya like it so far?
As far as parts ya got, do ya happen to have the chrome swingarm caps to part with at all ?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man! Sorry to hear about your crash. I hope you're healing well. Sounds like you are if you're on a new bike already. The 900 is a nice looking bike. I heard it is smooth too. Congrats!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts