Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, this how my new year started. it was in the 40's yesterday (Jan. 1, 2012)!
so I took a little ride on the wife's Vulcan EN500. why the wife's bike? because I can't take my VN750 out. my tags are no good, I won't get new ones until April.
today, there is snow and ice very where! blast!

did any one else get out yesterday for a new years ride?

·
Registered
52 Posts
A Resolution for 2012

A group of nine of us got out yesterday for a 60-mile trip to lunch. It was a resolution of a sort - to ride every chance we get during this year!

It was sunny, mid-40's, and a great and safe ride - here on the far north edge of the US, just south of Victoria, BC!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I joined a Alabama riders forum a month again and did my first ride with some members on the 31st. Great group of people on all makes of bikes. Temp got up to 63 and sunny. We did 105 mile on all twisting back roads. Did most of the roads again thus added another 50 mile or so of backroads in another county. 134 miles on the 1st, 59 degree and slowing dropping when I started out.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
It's close to freaking 80 degrees here today!

Sadly, I haven't fixed my bike yet :( been kinda busy with moving and opening my small business and all u_u but really need to find some time and energy to go fix my bike... all I gotta do (hopefully) is put in the new o-ring in the petcock and put the carbs back in.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow, I was thinking about it but had too much else going on. Now with the snow, ice and gravel doesn't look like it will happen till spring.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Here in New Jersey it was in the 50's on New Years Day....I couldn't resist and took a ride as well. :smiley_th
Where about in Jersey are you? Liberty Pilot and I are trying to get a few riders to join us in a winter ride soon. When we get our plans together we will give you a shout if you are interested.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Not on New Year's Day, but I did get in 100 miles on the DR350 last Thur and a 250 mile ride on the 1500 Friday. We've had awesome weather for this time of year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts