Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

Just bought my -97 750 Vulcan last week and no manuals!
I live in Brazil and the bike is imported, so not much help from dealers.
If anybody has a copy in electrical format, that would give a lot of smiles and propably save lots of dirty words.
After 1 week of wonderful time, the problems started today!
I can't keep the engine running without choke and lot's of rpm's?
It just stalls and gives a lot of smoke.
The bike has just over 10.000 miles on it so propably imported from USA.

All the help is accepted.

BR Vulcan750Brazil

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
HERE is an online service manual. It is an extremely large file.
Kind of sounds like possibly dirty carbs. There's been a few folks here who have recently cleaned and/or rebuilt theirs, so check back, as I'm sure they'll have some helpful tips for ya.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Run a couple of tanks of SeaFoam if you can find it down there. I had to drain my carbs a few times after I started running it. I also had to change my battery to a maintenance free before it started to idle right. Read the Vulcan Verses for more ideas but most likely it's bad fuel and posibly weak spark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for quick answer!
I think that if I go to local store and start explaining something about SeaFoam in local language, I'll end up in local nut house! I'll check what are the contents of this magic liquid.

BR Vulcan750Brazil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hyper!

This manual is a my early christmas present, all 2395 pages of it!
I have been reading Cindy's project all evening and as have no tools down here but they are all in my Finland home, I'll have to contact local workshop so that I can ride as much as posible befor rain season starts.

BR Jori

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
If the carb problem is too bad, you may have to resort to pulling the carbs and manually cleaning them out. I just did that about a month or so ago and it improved the performance of my bike quite a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts