Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki Vn 750 1993
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I recently earned my motorcycle license and bought my first motorcycle, a 1993 vn750 with 24000 km’s on it.
im pretty happy with it, the size is perfect for me and perfect for highway use to work and fun rides in the weekends.
But I noticed one tiny issue:
Every time I want to start the bike it feels like the battery is almost completely drained, I have to push the start button a couple of times before it starts like it supposed to do. The battery is charging while riding, so I don’t have this issue after I ride for awhile the same day.
It’s a new battery.
Maybe someone here can help me with this.
Well.. here is a picture of my Vulcan!
Sorry for my bad English :)

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice looking bike. If the battery is charging then the first question is what type of battery is it? These bikes respond to the AGM type batteries much better than the traditional lead acid types,
If your just having issues starting it once you have already been riding then I’d suggest searching the forum for “hot start issues”, this is more or less a common problem with these bikes, the jury is still undecided on what exactly is the root cause of it is but there’s plenty of tricks to help make it easier to deal with.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Vn 750 1993
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum, nice looking bike. If the battery is charging then the first question is what type of battery is it? These bikes respond to the AGM type batteries much better than the traditional lead acid types,
If your just having issues starting it once you have already been riding then I’d suggest searching the forum for “hot start issues”, this is more or less a common problem with these bikes, the jury is still undecided on what exactly is the root cause of it is but there’s plenty of tricks to help make it easier to deal with.
Thanks for the reply! This information might help! The battery is a yuasa yb14-a2 it’s one of those traditional batteries I think. I’m not really a technical wizard but I want to learn a bit here.
Thanks again

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Welcome to the machine!

Might get the battery load tested and see if it's up to the job. Sometimes defective batteries happen.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Vn 750 1993
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Upon reading the forum here I went for a Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS battery, I scored a pretty good deal for it because apparently no one was buying it at the local store.
For now it seems te problem is solved, my Vulcan starts up without problems now. Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts