Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just purchased my first VN750 yesterday.

I haven't rode a bike in about 7 years before I bought this, but am a previous Virago and Maxim owner.

Very happy with my purchase. Rode it home in the cold last night and enjoyed the ride.

Gonna undertake some new service adventures for myself.
Aside from the standard spring tune-up and fluid change, I am going to try to clean the carbs myself. Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

On that topic, I am very handy, have watched several YouTube videos, and have all three versions of the service manual (Clymer, Haynes, and TOC)

Also any suggestions comments on flushing and filling the radiator would be helpful as I haven't done that before either.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to being a member of this seemingly great group of enthusiasts.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
You're at the right place, KidChaos! Welcome to the forum. Check out the Vulcan Verses section, much info there.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness.
Glad to have you back on two wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There's a good how-to on the radiator filling. Might find it with the search feature.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
good to get another one out of the cage, there are a ton of helpful people here and an endless amount of advice. spline lube, spline lube, spline lube. search the user list and find "Fergy" he has the procedure in his signature. recommended every 10,000 miles or rear wheel change, some bike left the factory not lubed well at all!
welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome!
There's a wealth of info and how too's here. Especially in "the verses"!:smiley_th

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lube your bike's splines ASAP.

-Sloppy

·
2,531 Posts
Welcome to the group!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts