Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I recorded a video of my dad 86 vn750 today. It is uploading on youtube now. I'll post the link soon. check it out, let me know wha tyou think.

Chris

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
This bike is a special find.

It is one of the first few model years of this bike, so it should be equipped with the factory self-cancelling turn signals (assuming this feature remains functional on the bike).

Still looks like the bike could use some more TLC, though...:)

This bike has obviously had a hard life prior to your purchase. Take good care of her--she is the last of her kind.....:(

You don't say what part of Va you are in, but nonetheless, I envy you. Va has some really great riding in it, including the Blue Ridge Pkwy and Skyline Drive. It's great country for riding a cruiser like the Vulcan (and much, much better than south Ga or north Fl I might add!).....:motorcycl

Some of your subsequent threads should have some killer photos (or even videos?) from some of your future rides.....:beerchug:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enlighten me, what does TLC stand for? and The self canceling turn signals DO work, just fine. :) and yes, there are some great roads up here.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And we live in Forest, just outside of Lynchburg. We have about 20 miles of riding before we have acess to the BR parkway.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Enlighten me, what does TLC stand for? and The self canceling turn signals DO work, just fine. :) and yes, there are some great roads up here.
Tender Loving Care :smiley_th

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhhh, hahah she definatly recieves that! what stuff do you suggest? i LOVE the black wheels. i love how my kz550 has them... hate to sell her... but im buying a VN750!!!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you inlude a picture in your post!!!??? i cant figure it out.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Neat looking older bike.

I hated the standard foot pegs, I ordered the floorboards that attach right to the existing footpegs. Got them for 80.00 at www.chadsbike.com. Huge difference I can now ride in comfort.
On my vn750 I added a gel pad that helps alot on long trips, anything over 100 miles and you feel like someone kicked you in the butt a million times.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
How do you inlude a picture in your post!!!??? i cant figure it out.
I'll give it a try, someone may have to correct me as I have only been doin it for a short while...
When you have your post or reply open you'll see a small yellow square with what appears to be a mountain in it over the top of the post/reply, click on that and a block will open for you to put the URL in... I don't know what all that means bit I get my IMG code from my image hosting site which in my case is PhotoBucket...
I enter that and click ok and it goes in my post/reply, but sometimes it has a extra bit in front and behind that needs to be deleted before the image will show... Sorry about the sorry explaination, but I am not the brightest bulb on these things...lol...

Dog, it worked...lol... That is the one in my Avatar... HTH...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
od, you dont even have to do that with photobucket, just copy the img code and paste it in the post where you want it, no need to click the little mountain thingy!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
not sure of the point of this video, almost acts as though you are trying to sell it?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
od, you dont even have to do that with photobucket, just copy the img code and paste it in the post where you want it, no need to click the little mountain thingy!
You are right about Photobucket, it didn't do that when I first started posting pictures but I wonder if it had doubled up on each end as it sometimes does...
Thanks wib714...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The point of the video is to simply show people an awesome bike! maybe someone asked me? whocares. its a VN750!!!! no questions!!! hahaha

·
Registered
319 Posts
Damn that bike looks familiar! Love it!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
^ I kinda liked that model paint scheme too...

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
The blacked out wheels look cool, too....:smiley_th

Another advantage to the blacked out look is that it does a pretty good job hiding dirt, etc. Those wheels will look like they need cleaning less often than the alternative.

This pictured bike is your Dad's machine, I gather. When do you plan on getting a VN750 for yourself (if I may ask)...:)...?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
The point of the video is to simply show people an awesome bike! maybe someone asked me? whocares. its a VN750!!!! no questions!!! hahaha
I only see one thing seriously wrong with that bike, the front discs are is serious need of polishing with the pads... In other words hit the twisties and polish those discs...lol...

·
Registered
319 Posts
The discs look like they've been cleaned up in the video. If anyone can explain a bit more how to clean up the disc with polishing and pads and like to hear it as my disc are a bit unsightly. Would that be like Mother's mag polishing. I want to make sure I know what I am doing before I end up having trouble stopping! Thanks! You guys are all a great resource!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the discs are not rusty. they look that way due to the light. promise. my dad likes them SHINY!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts