Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Just got my first Vtwin 94 750. It runs, idles and revs but will not move. Clutch and drive train appear ok. It has absolutely no power. Air filters were dirty but that did not resolve the issue. I pulled the carbs and found nothing in the jets. Could this be related to the sinister stator ive read about in other posts. Does not make sense to me but im new to this model. This bike has 19K on it and was ridden for approx 7k miles in the previous year. And yes I will be shaving the ears, that stock intake is no fun. Is there a kit that includes all necessary parts?

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Tell us more about what it's doing.

If it starts to die as soon as you begin letting the clutch out, it's probably the sidestand switch.

Not saying the stator isn't bad, but it's not likely to be the running issue.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
If it was the stator it would run, but only as long as the battery had juice. If the battery was dead it prob wouldn’t start to begin with. I got about 15 minutes of highway riding with a dead stator, point being there was no loss in power. Just to be clear what did you mean by “no power”? It’s sluggish?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Does it roll when you push it?

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
If the engine runs, idles and revs, but the bike won't move in gear with the clutch out, you have a drivetrain problem. It could be in the clutch or transmission, but the final drive splines are the most likely problem. Remove the rear wheel, and the final drive housing. If it is the splines, it will be obvious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts