Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am joining this forum because I have a 97 vn750A and I'm getting ready to winter project the hell out of it. I live on southern Iowa so my ride time is pretty limited anyway. I am a welder and fabricator by heart but searching this internet down countless rabbit holes isn't for me. I'm looking for straight answers and follow up opinions. I'm not a bike mechanic by any stretch but I have mechanic experience. I will be fabricating a lot of parts on this build but being my first one I chose the 750 for it's already descent stance and affordable presentation. If anyone can assist with I knowledge of past mistakes or just straight old school bike does and don't any feed back is useful. I will post pictures at start to finish as soon as I break ground per say
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Welcome aboard.
How deep is your winter project going? Seat mods? Frame/rake mods? Does the engine run or are you tearing the thing down to the last cog?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard.
How deep is your winter project going? Seat mods? Frame/rake mods? Does the engine run or are you tearing the thing down to the last cog?
The bike runs great as is. I'm not going to tear the engine down just exhaust and beauty mods. I'm thinking about hard tailing it or at least lowering the ride height a couple of inches. Cut fenders, forward controls (probably fabricated haven't seen any bolt one with the appeal I'm looking for)

·
Supporting vendor
56 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project!
Will look forward to updates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts