Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Frey
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went and did it I bought a matched pair of Shinko tires for my bike. I love the way they grip in the corners and the much smoother ride on the freeway. Still need about 80 miles on them to get the feel on them. I paid a whole $131 for them and have a friend that mounted and balanced them for $20.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
where sis you get them from?? i am considering this tire as well as the kenda kruz
did you put a 90degree stem in the rear ? or any ride on in them?

·
Frey
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No 90 degree or RideOn just standard set up as for were I got them it was American Motorcycle Tire's website.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I got the same ones from a local parts shop that went under. Mine are oversized too and I have really enjoyed them compared to the bridgestones that were on when I got the bike.
The front wheel doesn't "dance" anymore when I hit 80 ......

·
Registered
802 Posts
On my second set of 230's. Oversized front, stock rear. Got about 11-12k our of the last set. Don't remember the mileage, but it was August of 09 that I put them on.

·
Frey
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping for some weather to test the new tire out on and got my wish my son and I went out for a parts hunt and got caught in a down pour. The tire handled like glue did not slip once. I will however be putting the fender back on as it was like being on a sprinkler the whole ride home.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What size did you get? I was looking at the 230's and I would like to go as big as I can.. thinking a 180/70 and 110/90

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
well got the kenda kruz from jc whitney $134 shipped to me got the 170/80-15 rear and 110/90-19 front put a 90 degree metal stem on rear and a straight metal on front
i took tires off myself and installed stems myself the put the new tires on halfway and took them to my local tire shop .
they put thier bead sealer crap on and seated them and aired up to 40psi for 10 bucks
took themto the honda shop to balance for 20 bucks a tire
went home and did the spline lube and changed the final drive oil and reassembled everything

went riding that evening feels great and handles great so far

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just about all the sites price match any more. Plus most over 100 dollars (some less) have free shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts