Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I thought I would throw this out there. I am riding on Shinko Tourmaster 230 series OEM size tires now. I absolutely love them. When I change tires soon I want to go with the 170/80/15 tire in the back. I am torn between Getting the Shinko 230's again in the upgraded size......or trying the new Pirelli Night Dragons in the upgraded size. My friend has them on his Vulcan 900 custom and says they are almost equal to riding on rails! Heres my deal ...The Shinkos from Motorcycle Superstore to my house 125.00 for the set.....the Pirellis from the same place are 225.00. What do you think fellas......My most important concern is driving in the rain.....I want to stick to the road as best as I can.....

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,689 Posts
oh boy! here we go again, ANOTHER tire thread! this getting to be as bad as "oil" threads!

anyways, a lot of people here have the Shinko tires and like them. they may not last as long as tires that cost more, but they seem to be good tires.

also, the Pirellis are really good tires.

me, myself, I won't cut corners on tires. you only have TWO tires between you and the pavement! I buy the best tire that I can buy to put on ALL my bikes. because I don't trust my life to "cheap" tires! (how much is your life worth?) but, that is just me. to each their own.

what ever tire you buy, it will be a good move to go with the next size up for both frount and rear tires.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The vast majority of Vulcan 750 owners reccomend the Metzler 880/Marithon... in either the stock size or the 170/80 and the 110 front.

They site great handling, great wet road grip, and straight tracking through grooved roads.

Most think the shinko is stinko on wet roads, but fine on dry.

I am not familar with the Perrelli tire you mentioned, but do know the Avon Venom is the next most reccommeded tire after the Metz..

KM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts