Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im puttin a new rear tire on the vulcan as soon as the tire gets here, and i just wanted to know if there were any things to look out for when doin this procedure?

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Being that your going to have to pull the tire anyways make sure that your splines of your final drive are lubed well.

Peace :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Yeah, do the spline lube while you're there, if it needs it, and check the brake shoes and drum surface.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Also, remember to properly break in your new tire. They have much too little traction for the first 100 miles or so, so go easy on them at first. I'd hate to see you spin out or something while driving normally but on a new tire.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya from all the posts ive seen already i was plannin on checkin the splines

and thanks for the break in tip, n e thing else in particular i should do other then pretend im driving in rain??

btw, those dunlops D404's, i love em, thats what i ordered, and that whats on my bike now, it has like 1mm of tread left in the center, and i got caught in the rain last night....i tell u what, for having nearly NO TREAD, i never slipped once, the only time it spun is when i cracked it once leaving the movie theatre to see how slippy it was. i was impressed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts