Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I'm done with the stator and new R/R but my problem is my charging at idle is 14.2v but when i rev motor it drops to under 13.8.I bought another r/r oem the cheap one I'm not gonna use it.everything tests out good my concern is I don't wanna burn out my new stator if my problem isn't solved by replacing stator and R/R.just a quick recap my a2 wire from stator melted were it plugs in to R/R I caught the problem right away so it didn't melt anything else.my bike is like bran new everything is clean no rust so don't thing its a rusty ground but who knows.any help is welcome thank you

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
My experience with undervoltage at higher rpm has always been ground related. Not enough potential electrons for the proton supply. Instead of looking at the ring look inside the ring crimp. I've seen several wires corrode inside the wire itself at the crimp and cause havoc looking for bad connections at the ring terminal itself to the bolted connection.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My experience with undervoltage at higher rpm has always been ground related. Not enough potential electrons for the proton supply. Instead of looking at the ring look inside the ring crimp. I've seen several wires corrode inside the wire itself at the crimp and cause havoc looking for bad connections at the ring terminal itself to the bolted connection.
ok I will look at all the grounds I hope that's the answer thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts