Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
One full minute to refresh this page after already posting in the thread.

edit- And a full minute to load after making the above reply. So, activity seriously hampered on the site, not too likely to continue using it.

edit 2 - Only thing that's fast is an edit! Lol!
Just clear your cache, cookies, etc. It's not an overall site issue.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Awesome! Otherwise, it's running good to me. Much cleaner html/css :) It will take time for regulars to get used to it but it should be a positive move none-the-less.
Well anymore there's probably about three or four regulars anyway, so...;)

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
thanks for the link. the link worked. but disabling the side bar didn't. :doh: a sing and a miss...
lol I tried. Bug Report #1 right there.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I'm computer stupid.that would be like asking a burger flipper at a fast food joint how to make eggs Benedict
I'm computer stupid also. Took a long time to get used to the old site. I don't see the need or necessity to learn this new format. JMO

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
I think it would be a safe bet to say "not for long"! :frown2::(:doh:
Maybe that's the idea;)but I've been known to be a delusional paranoid.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
Maybe that's the idea;)but I've been known to be a delusional paranoid.
I hope that's not the case.

I do like some of the new stuff on here, but most of it needs to leave. but I know better than that, it will most likely be me that will be leaving. :frown2::(:crying:

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I think it would be a safe bet to say "not for long"! :frown2::(:doh:
I've mentioned, twice, that you can just switch back to the old theme; look at the dropdown in the bottom left-hand corner: (Full) switch it to (Classic).

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
Just clear your cache, cookies, etc. It's not an overall site issue.
We've been through this before, but I cleared everything again anyway.

No change.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
We've been through this before, but I cleared everything again anyway.

No change.
Forgot about your longstanding issue, I guess the theme change wouldn't have helped.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
I've mentioned, twice, that you can just switch back to the old theme; look at the dropdown in the bottom right-hand corner: (Full) switch it to (Classic).
ok, but it's still not the same.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
Well the admin said the site was changed to be faster, but if anything, it's slower for me.

No, I really didn't expect cosmetic changes to help with the ads that seem to be overblown and poorly coded.

BTW, how many Allstate ads do we really need on one single page? Apparently that number is now 3 or 4.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I have the old format back. As THtanner said, switch to "classic". Everything is as it was this morning. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and it is on the bottom LEFT of the page.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Well the admin said the site was changed to be faster, but if anything, it's slower for me.

No, I really didn't expect cosmetic changes to help with the ads that seem to be overblown and poorly coded.

BTW, how many Allstate ads do we really need on one single page? Apparently that number is now 3 or 4.
Yea we need a few more Kawasaki posts.seems like someone needs to pay the rent;)

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
I have the old format back. As THtanner said, switch to "classic". Everything is as it was this morning. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and it is on the bottom LEFT of the page.
uh, not quite. close, but no cigar!

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
Ha! I switched to 'mobile', at least it's faster.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
21 - 40 of 76 Posts