Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hadda a pair of Dunlop 404's delivered yesterday...so I am getting prepared to get busy this weekend or next.....here's a few questions.

I just ordered from my local KAW dealer...the spline o-ring. Going to lubes splines (w/ Honda Moly 60 & White Lithium for the u-joint) while rear tire is off. Does it make sense to leave th old o-ring in place if it "looks good"... or just replace it... regardless?

Also looking to change the final drive gear oil....any recommendations....any 90w will do?

I am searching for a 90 deg valve stem and was wondering if any would work....I see some say "universal"...or "fits most bikes"....one at MAW actually says 10mm....which one do I choose? Would any 90 deg valve stem work?

Thanks for all your help.....this is some group.

Oh ....FYI....I'm working on an 86 VN750-A2..the speedo reads 15K but was broke when I picked it up last winter. So I going to guess its got 20K at least by now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
/tag

(going through something simular)

/free bump for you

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just ordered from my local KAW dealer...the spline o-ring. Going to lubes splines (w/ Honda Moly 60 & White Lithium for the u-joint) while rear tire is off. Does it make sense to leave th old o-ring in place if it "looks good"... or just replace it... regardless?
I would say if you've got it, change it while you're there. I've heard of some who leave it in if it looks OK, but I'm not one to like to re-do stuff that I messed up (although it happens a lot) so I'd recomend changing it out

Also looking to change the final drive gear oil....any recommendations....any 90w will do?
I haven't had to do this yet, the PO changed the final drive gear oil before I bought the bike, but I think any 90w will do just fine.

I am searching for a 90 deg valve stem and was wondering if any would work....I see some say "universal"...or "fits most bikes"....one at MAW actually says 10mm....which one do I choose? Would any 90 deg valve stem work?
I can't help any here, I've got the straight stem on mine, but when you find out what works let me know. I'd like to get the 90 deg. stem too.

Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts